Steve Sarkisian Thursday Availability (Michigan)

• Moderators

Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian is speaking with reporters Thursday morning to discuss the Michigan game.

Again, the Texas team will depart for Ann Arbor Friday morning.

Notes and quotes in the comments below.

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators

"Two weeks in a row, we are really proud with the way these guys have worked."

Sarkisian says the team has found a good routine for transitioning from a game to another game prep.

"We have progressively gotten better throughout the week."

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators

Sarkisian says he still believes the WR room is a work in progress at the moment.

But it was comforting to know that guys weren't left on the field if and when they were getting fatigued. There is confidence in the next group of guys at the position.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators

On if as many true freshmen will see the field against Michigan as Colorado State: "I would love to."

Texas played 13 true freshmen. 

"They all showed some physical attributes that we had thought of them."

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators

Sark says the Michigan D plays with swagger and confidence.

Fortunately, there will be a lot of calming from Ewers - Sark believes – as the third year quarterback knows more about the playcalls and schemes.

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators

Sarkisian says his 'OMG' moment came as a player against Washington in week three.

"It was so loud... I think I got sacked 7 or 8 times that year."

Sarkisian says there is another level with opposing stadiums that get very loud. 

• Moderators

Sarkisian says Ryan Niblett is very comfortable and confident at the WR spot.

Right now, the staff is trying to hone in on the things he needs to learn about the RB position. Sark adds that Niblett has become a weapon on the special forces unit.

Niblett hit over 22 mph in game speed on Saturday against Colorado State.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think with the expanded playoff, they will play more young guys in this game. I think that also shows this staff feels extremely confident, not only in the young guys abilities, but also about this team going into this game. I think secretly Sark thinks we should blow the doors off this team.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators

Sarkisian says the challenge is how Davis Warren operates the offense – protection checks and audibles.

Sarkisian says it is critical for the Texas defense to recognize when Alex Orji is in the ballgame. "We have to be ready for things they have not put on tape yet."

• Hook 'Em 4

37 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Sarkisian's message to players having to rotate in and out on both sides of the ball:

"Don't count your reps, make your reps count."

I think this is the most important comment he’s made all week 

• Hook 'Em 4