Javion Hilson Update (Monday 1:15 pm CST)

• Moderators

Javion Hilson Update

OnTexasFootball has learned that Cocoa High 4-star++ EDGE and recent FSU de-commitment Javion Hilson is expected to visit Texas for the Mississippi State game September 28. 

Hilson, 6-4 and 225'ish, will not be the only defensive lineman on campus that weekend. Texas commitments Myron Charles (Port Charlotte, Fla./High) and Josiah Sharma (Folsom, Calif./High) are also expected to be in town for the Longhorns' first ever SEC game. 

And OTF will add this, we expect even more key visitors to be in Austin September 28. 

• Hook 'Em 44
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Javion Hilson Update

OnTexasFootball has learned that Cocoa High 4-star++ EDGE and recent FSU de-commitment Javion Hilson is expected to visit Texas for the Mississippi State game September 28. 

Hilson, 6-4 and 225'ish, will not be the only defensive lineman on campus that weekend. Texas commitments Myron Charles (Port Charlotte, Fla./High) and Josiah Sharma (Folsom, Calif./High) are also expected to be in town for the Longhorns' first ever SEC game. 

And OTF will add this, we expect even more key visitors to be in Austin September 28. 

Insert "We are so back" gif

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Can see Chace Sims making an OV to Texas Mississippi State, or Georgia weekends.

Why not both??  UOV one weekend, and OV the other weekend.  That would give Texas fans two consecutive weeks of laughing at aggy meltdown posts.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Thanos72 said:

@Gerry Hamilton does multiple visitors and limited slots influence kids much anymore with NIL being available somewhere?

Tough Q. I think with a Hilson - three EDGE's in a class isn't an issue. Four - different story. 

DL 4-5 is a good number. There's a rotation and guys can play in multiple fronts. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Thanks 3

You think it would help if Lance Jackson &/or Smith Orogbo also attended that game? I think having as many commits attend as part of the momentum we’re creating would do wonders to any other recruits in attendance.

I also think Hilson might commit after the visit if all goes well.

6 minutes ago, Adam Lane said:

Didn't Hilson mention CJ in his airport interview?  Not sure.  Have to go back and look.  Getting old sucks! 🤣

Getting old definitely makes you wonder if you can remember what you're wondering about. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jack Lala said:

Getting old definitely makes you wonder if you can remember what you're wondering about. 

I don't know.....I forget....

And, yes....everyday!  Where did I set my glasses down......

Edited by Adam Lane
  • Haha 1