Two Tuesday evening recruiting nuggets (6pm CST)

• Moderators

OnTexasFootball brings you guys and gals a couple of quick Tuesday evening recruiting nuggets.

Kelshaun Johnson, WR, Hitchcock (Texas) High

The Texas A&M verbal told OnTexasFootball Tuesday afternoon that he plans to attend the Texas vs Georgia game October 19. The Texas staff has remained in touch with Johnson and members of the Hitchcock High staff this season. 

Lamar Brown, DL/OL, Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab - 2026

OnTexasFootball has been told that the Longhorns are expected to recruit the 6-5, 275 pound lineman. Texas likes Brown more on the defensive side of the ball. While things can change, it’s not considered a lock that Brown stays home for college. The Horns will have a shot at the top 75 level prospect nationally in the 2026 class if they make a big push. 

• Hook 'Em 39

7 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Keep hoping but DK isn’t happening for us. He’s had TWO chances to pick us but he didn’t. 

You recruit DK until signing day period. That doesn’t mean you don’t pursue other elite wr but you don’t give up on that guy. He’s a perfect fit.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Of course but it’s not going to happen is what i feel 🤷🏾‍♂️

I don’t think it’s likely but you never know. Sometimes as the date gets closer kids don’t want to move that far away from home. Or they get homesick and hit the portal. Maintaining a good relationship important.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Kelshaun>DK Moore. If sark and staff can consistently pull top recruits out of the boot from LSU then we are in big ol business.

Uhh I wouldn’t say all that lol. DK is elite. Kelshaun has an elite trait but he’s not the player DK is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DZX158 said:

I don’t think it’s likely but you never know. Sometimes as the date gets closer kids don’t want to move that far away from home. Or they get homesick and hit the portal. Maintaining a good relationship important.

I’d more then love to be wrong but he’s had two chances to pick us and decided to “be different” and go out of state. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 4thandFive said:

With all the hoping around here that he’d flip….would the staff still want Dakorien Moore if they had Ffrench, Lockett, and Johnson?

In that scenario if he called and wanted to commit do you think the staff would say no? Now that scenario wouldn’t happen anyway for a few reasons but the staff would absolutely take the commitment. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Kelshaun>DK Moore. If sark and staff can consistently pull top recruits out of the boot from LSU then we are in big ol business.

What is this, Texags?  Just because DKM made a bad decision doesn't mean that his physical abilities are diminished.  I think his sh*t show commitment livestream was cringe and chock full of red flags from a mental eval, but the dude is the #1 WR in the state.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DZX158 said:

Nah, It’s not. Gerry even said on coffee & football this morning on a question about Sanchez and DK 🤷🏾‍♂️