Awesome Film Breakdown of Sarks Genius vs Michigan

9 hours ago, 2005NatChamps said:

This is really good.  Probably the best analysis I’ve ever seen.

Thanks for posting this.

Same, love this guys knowledge & understanding the philosophy & how Sark has mastered the science of offensive play calls & game planning. Specially how he uses motion to create mistakes & coverage confusion. 

5 hours ago, 2005NatChamps said:

Me too

He’s obviously enamored with Sark.  Makes me appreciate Sark’s genius more by understanding the plays more.

I loved how he showed the slightest missed assignment was the difference between a one yard gain vs an explosive play. Hard to see how close it was to popping a long run in real time.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve seen this pop up on YouTube and will have to give it a look.

Something I noticed on the rewatch was something on our first drive of the third quarter. It’s second or third and long. Texas had tried to get big and run on Michigan to start the drive and Blue tripped on his bad wheel followed by a failed tunnel screen. Texas lines up and you can already see Michigan with on safety easing down while the corners start scooching back. Quick cut to Sark and you see him yelling “7, 7, 7, 7!” Quinn play actions to one side and then lobs a pass over the LB’s and Helm  to Bond running a deep out. 

Coincidence or was Sark telling QE who’d be open presnap?

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I’ve seen this pop up on YouTube and will have to give it a look.

Something I noticed on the rewatch was something on our first drive of the third quarter. It’s second or third and long. Texas had tried to get big and run on Michigan to start the drive and Blue tripped on his bad wheel followed by a failed tunnel screen. Texas lines up and you can already see Michigan with on safety easing down while the corners start scooching back. Quick cut to Sark and you see him yelling “7, 7, 7, 7!” Quinn play actions to one side and then lobs a pass over the LB’s and Helm  to Bond running a deep out. 

Coincidence or was Sark telling QE who’d be open presnap?

It’ll be cool to hear your thoughts after watching because my biggest takeaway is how Sark absolutely sets formations and motions to define presnap reads. He also uses sets & starts motions with just enough play clock to get the defense to have to respond. We saw exactly how that worked on Blue’s motion to the flat and the Michigan defense did not go with him. Easy presnap read for Quinn to just flick it out and let Blue’s speed beat the LB to the corner for the score. 

Edited by ArchMania
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ArchMania said:

It’ll be cool to hear your thoughts after watching because my biggest takeaway is how Sark absolutely sets formations and motions to define presnap reads. He also uses sets & starts motions with just enough play clock to get the defense to have to respond. We saw exactly how that worked on Blue’s motion to the flat and the Michigan defense did not go with him. Easy presnap read for Quinn to just flick it out and let Blue’s speed beat the LB to the corner for the score. 

It would behoove defenses to substitute, if the offense allows it, on critical downs and take their sweet time doing it imoho. The offense can still reconnoiter with motion and shifts, but the radios cut off with 15 seconds left on the clock, and no coaching tips or impromptu brain transplants would be available. 

That applies to the defense too, but you’re back to player on player situations and the preparation leading up to it in those instances with no coach input. 

It also makes sense then to have very versatile players on the field in anticipation of those critical downs so that offensive substitutions are minimized and the defense can’t slow roll the play clock with personnel games. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

It would behoove defenses to substitute, if the offense allows it, on critical downs and take their sweet time doing it imoho. The offense can still reconnoiter with motion and shifts, but the radios cut off with 15 seconds left on the clock, and no coaching tips or impromptu brain transplants would be available. 

That applies to the defense too, but you’re back to player on player situations and the preparation leading up to it in those instances with no coach input. 

It also makes sense then to have very versatile players on the field in anticipation of those critical downs so that offensive substitutions are minimized and the defense can’t slow roll the play clock with personnel games. 

Interesting to watch going forward especially in conference play. I’m sure Sark has the answer for those kind of issues. Crazy but we may be thanking Gundy for the education we got from Okie lite doing exactly that. 

• Hook 'Em 1