On Bond

I cannot think of a receiver having a first three games as good as Bond.  Throw in that he is a transfer, and it’s saying something.  

It’s hard for me to watch blocking, but I just watched his textbook block on the long Manning TD run.   But I think he is fast, instinctive, can run great routes, has great hands and has a nose for the end zone.   I think he is more complete than Worthy or A.D, and I love and appreciate both of them.  

As far as Freshman, Ringo reminds me of Lovell Pinkney and Roy Williams in terms of showing up as a man and immediately fitting in.  But, in my eyes, Bond is clearly WR 1

• Hook 'Em 5

34 minutes ago, thatdude2 said:

Texas has thrown TDs to 8 different receivers. Bond and Matthew Golden are tied with 3 a piece (I believe).

I am well aware of the stat, which is an awesome one.  But, I think Bond might be the best WR we have by a real margin.  

I am throwing out Wingo, as he is a freshman.  He still doesn’t know the playbook.  He will learn it

• Hook 'Em 1

I know I will be in the minority, but I like the receivers better this year than last year.

Worthy has problems tracking balls in the air.  Mitchell was not always a committed blocker and would disappear at times.

Golden and Bond seem more reliable and disciplined as football players.  Throw in Wingo and the rest and I think this years received corps will go down as an all time great group for the Longhorns.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nuufaola said:

I cannot think of a receiver having a first three games as good as Bond.  Throw in that he is a transfer, and it’s saying something.  

It’s hard for me to watch blocking, but I just watched his textbook block on the long Manning TD run.   But I think he is fast, instinctive, can run great routes, has great hands and has a nose for the end zone.   I think he is more complete than Worthy or A.D, and I love and appreciate both of them.  

As far as Freshman, Ringo reminds me of Lovell Pinkney and Roy Williams in terms of showing up as a man and immediately fitting in.  But, in my eyes, Bond is clearly WR 1

Not a bad point! Through three games, Bond has 13 catches for 215 yds and 3 TD's, with an avg. of 16.5 yds per catch. Comparatively, AD Mitchell had 9 catches for 134 yds and 6 TD's, with an average of 14.9 yds. per catch. If Bond and the Texas passing attack keep it up, Bond should be drafted in the first round, and continue the streak of Texas' WR's drafted in the first 32 picks. #AllGas