2025 NFL Draft - How many Longhorns taken?

During Friday’s Coffee and Football Bobby mentioned it’ll be tough to top the amount of Texas Longhorns taken in this year’s draft next year. After looking through the roster, I’m not sure I agree. I think the following players should be drafted should they declare:

1. QB Quinn Ewers (1st round)

2. WR Isaiah Bond (1st round)

3. OT Kelvin Banks (1st round)

4. WR Matthew Golden (2nd-3rd round)

5. S Andrew Mukuba (3rd-4th round)

6. TE Amari Niblack (3rd-4th round)

7. OLB Trey Moore (3rd-4th round)

8. RB Jaydon Blue (3rd-4th round)

9.  DT Alfred Collins (4th-5th round)

10. DE Barryn Sorrell (5th-7th round)

11. WR Silas Bolden (5th-7th round)

12. NB Jahdae Barron (5th-7th round)

This list doesn’t include guys who I think could declare if they have a great year, including TE Gunnar Helm, OG DJ Campbell, DE Ethan Burke, and CB Terrance Brooks. There are fringe guys, too, such as C Jake Majors and LB David Gbenda.

I may be higher on the above list of guys than most regarding their NFL potential, and some nay not declare altogether. That’s a long way away. But it wouldn’t surprise me to see Texas with 10-12 guys getting drafted next year knowing the talent they’ve brought in. 

What are y’all’s thoughts here? This look like one helluva loaded roster.

Edited by CaseMcCoyTruther
  • Hook 'Em 2

I agree with you myself. With high level recruiting and development wouldn’t surprise me to see 8 to 10 guys a year go. Sark’s building something special for Texas ! Something that’ll last and not be a one year wonder. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:

During Friday’s Coffee and Football Bobby mentioned it’ll be tough to top the amount of Texas Longhorns taken in this year’s draft next year. After looking through the roster, I’m not sure I agree. I think the following players should be drafted should they declare:

1. QB Quinn Ewers (1st round)

2. WR Isaiah Bond (1st round)

3. OT Kelvin Banks (1st round)

4. WR Matthew Golden (2nd-3rd round)

5. S Andrew Mukuba (3rd-4th round)

6. TE Amari Niblack (3rd-4th round)

7. OLB Trey Moore (3rd-4th round)

8. RB Jaydon Blue (3rd-4th round)

9.  DT Alfred Collins (4th-5th round)

10. DE Barryn Sorrell (5th-7th round)

11. WR Silas Bolden (5th-7th round)

12. NB Jahdae Barron (5th-7th round)

This list doesn’t include guys who I think could declare if they have a great year, including TE Gunnar Helm, OG DJ Campbell, DE Ethan Burke, and CB Terrance Brooks. There are fringe guys, too, such as C Jake Majors and LB David Gbenda.

I may be higher on the above list of guys than most regarding their NFL potential, and some nay not declare altogether. That’s a long way away. But it wouldn’t surprise me to see Texas with 10-12 guys getting drafted next year knowing the talent they’ve brought in. 

What are y’all’s thoughts here? This look like one helluva loaded roster.

Here’s the deal. That looks good on paper.

However, after the first three, I don’t know that any of them are shoe-ins to be drafted.

Now there are definitely some “likely” to be drafted guys in there like you mention, but not necessarily certain ones. They all have something still left to prove.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

Here’s the deal. That looks good on paper.

However, after the first three, I don’t know that any of them are shoe-ins to be drafted.

Now there are definitely some “likely” to be drafted guys in there like you mention, but not necessarily certain ones. They all have something still left to prove.

Completely agree Bobby! I felt less sure about the last 9. Just feels great to have a program where fans can argue 8-12 players can get drafted before the season starts. Of course a good handful of those are transfers, but that’s just a testament to how much kids want to play on the 40 acres.

• Hook 'Em 1