Other college games thread: Week 4

• Moderators

Other college games thread: Week 4

May as well get this going with Major Applewhite taking his South Alabama team to Appalachian State tonight on ESPN. 

SEC truly gets going this weekend:

Florida @ Mississippi State

Arkansas @ Auburn 

Vanderbilt @ Missouri 

Tennessee @ Oklahoma

• Hook 'Em 10

1 hour ago, 4thandFive said:

I’m interested in some of the other SEC games because I want to see what they actually look like. 

Surely most of us are focused on TN/OU.

I’m trying to do the same as far as watching as many SEC games as I can. Exciting times to be in the SEC ! Hopefully that other orange puts in on broklahoma! 🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Shane said:

I’m trying to do the same as far as watching as many SEC games as I can. Exciting times to be in the SEC ! Hopefully that other orange puts in on broklahoma! 🤘🏻

The first few weeks of the season haven’t told us a ton about who these teams really are because they’ve played nobody.

Event the Florida/A&M game didn’t tell us all we’d like to know about A&M. I for one am curious about the Miss State/Florida game, the Arky/Auburn game, and the UCLA/LSU game. Even Vandy vs Mizzou could be enlightening. 

Edited by 4thandFive
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, 4thandFive said:

The first few weeks of the season haven’t told us a ton about who these teams really are because they’ve played nobody.

Event the Florida/A&M game didn’t tell us all we’d like to know about A&M. I for one am curious about the Miss State/Florida game, the Arky/Auburn game, and the UCLA/LSU game. Even Vandy vs Mizzou could be enlightening. 

Great selection of games to try and watch. Definitely going to find out more about these teams over the next few weeks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gerry Hamilton said:

USC @ Michigan a big one … for USC to be considered a real CFP contender, and for Texas with the win over Michigan 

Any confidence in Alex Ojo guys? 

Unfortunately I think USC is going to win this one. Michigan has no offense 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

USC @ Michigan a big one … for USC to be considered a real CFP contender, and for Texas with the win over Michigan 

None. Completely one dimensional QB for a completely one dimensional offense. The spread on this one seems very low to me.

9 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I don't have confidence in Orji, but I do have confidence in Michigan. I'm not sure USC has the offensive line and nothing about USC defense sticks out. USC is more of a reactionary defense and they don't force the issue. This game is closer than most people think and if Michigan is finally able to play Michigan ball USC will lose.

51 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

I don't have confidence in Orji, but I do have confidence in Michigan. I'm not sure USC has the offensive line and nothing about USC defense sticks out. USC is more of a reactionary defense and they don't force the issue. This game is closer than most people think and if Michigan is finally able to play Michigan ball USC will lose.

Michigan can run the ball…just not against Texas. If they hit over 200 yards rushing and their defense shows up, they can beat USC at home. 

…..and make Texas look better by doing so. Texas still should have put up more than 40 on em.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, 4thandFive said:

I’m interested in some of the other SEC games because I want to see what they actually look like. 

Surely most of us are focused on TN/OU.

Miss State and Florida is boring on paper, but two teams Texas plays later in the year. Should be able to find some takeaways from both teams in that game.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

As a runner, sure.  As a passer, zero.

Last year’s Michigan OL could probably enable Orji to effectively move the chains with his legs and dink pass his way to 20 points per game, but this year’s Michigan OL can’t maintain possessions and move the chains (to enable their elite defense to stay fresh).

Not that USC is any great shakes, but I can’t see Michigan scoring enough points (24+) to beat USC tomorrow.