Serious Culture Problems for the Criminal Sooners

Venables is dividing the program. He's now throwing the offensive coaches under the bus. The offensive coaches spent all spring and summer telling him not to start Arnold, but he said no because the donors wouldn't stand for it so they just had to get Arnold ready. They are now openly talking among themselves about who went to the donors and asked them to pony up the NIL to keep Arnold. They are talking about who chose Arnold over Gabriel when the Arnold camp came pimping in December. Guy isn't a head coach. He's defensive coordinator. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

32 minutes ago, graemakin said:

The slow burning dumpster 🔥 and 🚋 wreck happening to gooner right now is truly a sight to behold. 🤣🤘🏽😂

There's no doubt the criminal interlopers are getting what they deserve. I've bet some serious money they're not winning more than five. Good chance they won't win another. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Obviously it’s fun to clown OU for what’s going on with them rn, but that just makes losing to them 17 of 25 times this century sting even more.  Texas needs to bring the same level of intensity to that game they do and dominate them not just this season, but for years to come.  By 2030, the record should be much closer than it is rn

• Hook 'Em 5

18 minutes ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

Obviously it’s fun to clown OU for what’s going on with them rn, but that just makes losing to them 17 of 25 times this century sting even more.  Texas needs to bring the same level of intensity to that game they do and dominate them not just this season, but for years to come.  By 2030, the record should be much closer than it is rn

I agree. Sark better start killing those idiots this year. There's no excuse. The fact that the criminals came out at the beginning of the game last year and stuck it to us is on him. He's gotta bury them.

Edited by harveycmd
  • Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

To be fair Bob Stoops is a much better coach than Mack Brown was and those results show. 

• Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

To be fair Bob Stoops is a much better coach than Mack Brown was and those results show. 

True but I think Sark is a better HC than Venables but he still lost to them last season.  Sometimes once a rival has your number, it can carry over to different coaching staffs (i.e., Ohio State over Michigan from 2000-2019, Florida over Tennessee from Spurrier-Fulmer era to now, Florida over Georgia from Spurrier era to the end of the Richt era).  Doesn’t mean Sark can’t flip the series and go on a tear.  Even Brown took 4 of 5 from Stoops between 2005 and 2009.

Edited by qaertyisthatdude
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

True but I think Sark is a better HC than Venables but he still lost to them last season.  Sometimes once a rival has your number, it can carry over to new coaching staffs (i.e., Ohio State over Michigan from 2000-2019, Florida over Tennessee from Spurrier-Fulmer era to now, Florida over Georgia from Spurrier era to the end of the Richt era).  Doesn’t mean Sark can’t flip the series and go on a tear.  Even Brown took 4 of 5 from Stoops between 2005 and 2009.

Stoops owned Mack due to mental makeup. Mack was kind of a coward until after the OU game...everything scared him to death especially playing younger talented players. Then after the OU game Mack would make changes or allow more PT for younger players and that IMO is why Stoops owned him the way he did. 

Sark 100% has to flip this script for this game because for 2 of the last 4 years Texas has had the better roster. Last year was pretty inexcusable IMO from Sark and this team. 

Edited by Hashtag
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, harveycmd said:

I agree. Sark better start killing those idiots this year. There's no excuse. The fact that the criminals came out at the beginning of the game last year and stuck it to us is on him. He's gotta bury them.

Pretty sure it was Quinn throwing the picks not Sark so yeah I put that game on Quinn

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, THookem said:

You hate to hear it.  Heupel may be in Norman sooner than anyone thought. 

I wonder if Heupel would return to Norman or take great pleasure in saying no to the offer and solidifying his place in Knoxville... IDK but I think the Okies really offended him when they told him they loved him as a QB but not as a coach.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Hashtag said:

Stoops owned Mack due to mental makeup. Mack was kind of a coward until after the OU game...everything scared him to death especially playing younger talented players. Then after the OU game Mack would make changes or allow more PT for younger players and that IMO is why Stoops owned him the way he did. 

Sark 100% has to flip this script for this game because for 2 of the last 4 years Texas has had the better roster. Last year was pretty inexcusable IMO from Sark and this team. 

Mack had only two(2) conference championships in 30  plus years as a HC is terrible. The only reason he won those were VY and Colt McCoy. Mack coached scared in big games. 

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, GoHorns1 said:

Mack had only two(2) conference championships in 30  plus years as a HC is terrible. The only reason he won those were VY and Colt McCoy. Mack coached scared in big games. 

Mack was out coached by Stoops for the most part. There's no way to deny that. Scared is stretch. Texas won as many national titles under Mack as the criminals did with Stoops. Longhorns are the last ones to win a natty. This has nothing to do with Mack, but the Longhorns are the last one to win a conference title. Longhorns are last the ones to make the playoff. Longhorns will win another couple titles before the criminals win anything. 

Edited by harveycmd
  • Hook 'Em 6

By the way, I'm still reading recently released Kissinger classified documents from 1970-1976. Nothing the Longhorns or any ball chasers can do to compete with winning the Cold War. The more we learn about Kissinger, the more amazing he becomes. Furthermore, a hundred years from now, Nixon will clearly be recognized as the greatest American president of the twentieth century.

Edited by harveycmd
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Jc Dobbs said:

I wonder if Heupel would return to Norman or take great pleasure in saying no to the offer and solidifying his place in Knoxville... IDK but I think the Okies really offended him when they told him they loved him as a QB but not as a coach.

I'm honestly not sure if BlowU is a better job than Tennessee, anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, harveycmd said:

Mack was out coached by Stoops for the most part. There's no way to deny that. Scared is stretch. Texas won as many national titles under Mack as the criminals did with Stoops. Longhorns are the last ones to win a natty. This has nothing to do with Mack, but the Longhorns are the last one to win a conference title. Longhorns are last the ones to make the playoff. Longhorns will win another couple titles before the criminals win anything. 

And think about it, for all the success OU has had this century, against Texas and in the Big 12 as a whole, you could argue they were BCS voters choosing FSU over Miami away from not having any national titles this century despite all those Heismans and all those conference titles during that stretch.  Now their window might be closing for now if this season goes off the rails like a lot of people are predicting.

11 hours ago, Hashtag said:

Stoops would have jumped at the Texas head coach job. But not enough skins on the wall, apparently. 

When Mack was hired, my friend from North Carolina made a curse. She wished me the same level of success he had had at NC.  But for the magic of Vince Young, her curse would have stung.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Hashtag said:

Unfortunately very true. Mack Brown was kind of born to be one of those football guys in a GM type role, he just came around too early. He accumulated plenty of talent but when he didn’t have the coordinators to do the heavy lifting he was cooked. Imagine us in that time with those players but with a Pete Carroll or a Bob Stoops for example. Still amazes me why we never truly went all out for Urban or Saban.

• Hook 'Em 2

I read a story that quoted Gabriel's response to Venables' claim that Gabriel transferred to Oregon so he could be "closer" to Hawaii. Basically Gabriel said he's just glad he's out of criminal interloper land and that God put in him in the right place. It's surprising to me that Venables is proving to be such a mealy mouthed cover up artist. He must be under quite a bit more internal pressure over this Arnold debacle than is being openly reported. I can understand him just being stupid about how to manage QBs, but this obvious dishonesty is basically guaranteeing not only that he will get canned by the criminals, but also that he won't be a head coach again.

On 9/25/2024 at 10:40 AM, Jc Dobbs said:

Agree with this post. Tennessee wandered in the wilderness for so long I don't think they'd let Heupel go so easy. They'd just money whip him to stay, if they had to.

I think Heupel may still hold some bitterness about how things went down wiith himself and OU. I think he's pretty happy with his set up in Knoxville.