College Game Day and Texas in 2024

NancyS

Texas will be featured on ESPN's College Game Day 3 maybe 4 times this season, if I'm right. They've already been on when we played Michigan, ESPN has already verified they will be at OU and they'll probably be there for A&M. Maybe Georgia too?! (If Georgia loses to Bama like I think they will, Game Day might not go.) Your thoughts?Hook Em!!!🤘

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, NancyS said:

Texas will be featured on ESPN's College Game Day 3 maybe 4 times this season, if I'm right. They've already been on when we played Michigan, ESPN has already verified they will be at OU and they'll probably be there for A&M. Maybe Georgia too?! (If Georgia loses to Bama like I think they will, Game Day might not go.) Your thoughts?Hook Em!!!🤘

I would think game day still goes to the Texas-Georgia game. Not sure about the A&M one, especially if they’re not great this year. Only if there’s not a ranked matchup that weekend I would think. I also think Georgia will beat Bama. Curious as to why you think Bama beats Georgia?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, goattalk100 said:

I would think game day still goes to the Texas-Georgia game. Not sure about the A&M one, especially if they’re not great this year. Only if there’s not a ranked matchup that weekend I would think. I also think Georgia will beat Bama. Curious as to why you think Bama beats Georgia?

I think the teams are pretty equal this year. Georgia almost got beat by an unranked Kentucky their last outing 2 weeks ago. They were only 5 of 13 on 3rd down conversions.  Alabama had 407 offensive yards in its last game with a 600 yard game under their belt. I don't think the Georgia defense stops them. I also think the home field advantage will play a big roll in a Georgia loss. The last time Alabama lost at home was last year to Texas. Alabama's explosive offense prevails in a close one at home. 

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, NancyS said:

I think the teams are pretty equal this year. Georgia almost got beat by an unranked Kentucky their last outing 2 weeks ago. They were only 5 of 13 on 3rd down conversions.  Alabama had 407 offensive yards in its last game with a 600 yard game under their belt. I don't think the Georgia defense stops them. I also think the home field advantage will play a big roll in a Georgia loss. The last time Alabama lost at home was last year to Texas. Alabama's explosive offense prevails in a close one at home. 

I can definitely see everything you’re saying. I do feel like Georgia saw what happened to Kentucky the week before their game (the blowout at home against South Carolina) and just went in there expecting to win. I expect them coming off a bye to play well. They do have some injuries though which is concerning. I’m rooting for Georgia because I want it to be #1 vs #2 when they roll into Austin. It won’t feel quite the same if they’ve already lost to Bama & sit at #7 or #8.

18 minutes ago, goattalk100 said:

I can definitely see everything you’re saying. I do feel like Georgia saw what happened to Kentucky the week before their game (the blowout at home against South Carolina) and just went in there expecting to win. I expect them coming off a bye to play well. They do have some injuries though which is concerning. I’m rooting for Georgia because I want it to be #1 vs #2 when they roll into Austin. It won’t feel quite the same if they’ve already lost to Bama & sit at #7 or #8.

I agree with you. I don't want Bama to win. I just think they do. 

• Hook 'Em 1