Texas 2025 Best Class Scenario: February 5

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

So you mentioned Jonah Williams is leaning OU because of football/baseball combo. Why would that not make Texas the strongest contender?

Oklahoma has hit that hard with guys having success ... Kyler Murray and Cody Thomas. And OU has also been recruiting him at safety/athlete longer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, goathumper said:

Think I would like to see Texas take 5 DL if they have the opportunity to not move very far down the board. Cant be light on the DL in the SEC.

Guys like Sanders, Utley, Jyon Simon, Riles, Simpson, Battle, Okponu are all very good players. Of those mentioned, DJ Sanders and Dilan Battle probably fit what PK likes do on defense best

To me, Ty Haywood seems more likely than Newman to be in the class and just as good if not better. There are a lot of good OT prospects in state but curious to see how Flood views each prospect. Texas could pitch 3 OTs in a single class after only taking one last cycle 

Agree on Battle. Big fan.

Malcolm Simpson is now at Hitchcock High. I think that move will give him an opportunity to get where he needs to be academically. 

Haywood is behind some other, but spring eval period is going to be key on the OL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, goathumper said:

what position you think michael terry plays in college?

Ive only seen him once and that was when he was a soph. Goodlooking athlete but he didnt do much that game but it was a blowout so hard to tell.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, nmack99 said:

Always loved these Gerry, glad it’s back!

surprised the massive IOL out of De Soto isn’t in the best class scenario

He’s behind some others headed into the spring, as of today. Not saying he can’t be in the class at some point

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, drwhitesaftb said:

Gerry do you think we have a shot at the #1 class in the country? If not when do you think that could happen for us? 

I doubt it because I don't see Texas with a 27-29 man class (what Georgia has in 2024)... Texas would have to clean sweep in a 24 man class to have shot, but it's also very early to make declarations in 2025. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

Saw we got a cb for Woodfork to Texas. Are we thinking 2 EDGE prospects or 3?  Wondering if Morgan or Woodfork is a better complement to Jackson 

I'm thinking two for now. And Lance Jackson is already in the boat. Of course, if anyone were to leave after the spring ... could bump the number. 

• Hook 'Em 1