Other College Games Thread: Week 6

35 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

Quinn now has a clear chance to get back to the top of the Heisman race.

I knew the media love affair w/ Cam Ward would wane as the season progressed and he showed who he really is, the same w/ Milroe. Quinn definitely can play his way back to the top, right now I feel like Jeanty is the leader in the clubhouse.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, TheContractor12 said:

there is a 2nd team in SEC play that is also undefeated unfortunately. 

LSU, A&M and Texas are all undefeated in conference play, but LSU and A&M lost out of conference games, so we are the only undefeated SEC team (is the way I see it)

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Class of 04 said:

I knew the media love affair w/ Cam Ward would wane as the season progressed and he showed who he really is, the same w/ Milroe. Quinn definitely can play his way back to the top, right now I feel like Jeanty is the leader in the clubhouse.

If Colorado wins at least seven, you'll hear Travis Hunter too. If Quinn plays big, however, he will have the advantage. Every game left now with the possible exception of Florida will give him the opportunity to choke the other guys out. A few really good games, no bad games, and one or two great games gets it done.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Realist Horn said:

What better weekend to have our players sitting back and watching all of these upsets? If they didn’t know already, they now do - anything can happen if you overlook anything. 

Could not agree anymore well said. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Joe Zura said:

Man I love college football 🏈 this is my Christmas. Also college football is better than the NFL I said it. 

No question. You don’t get these exciting games and tremendous upsets in the NFL. Plus I hate roger goodell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

ULM looked good at home beating previously undefeated JMU, which had been favored over Boise for the #12 seed in the playoffs [after Madison scored 70 against UNC].

I thought the distance between the haves and the have nots would be greater this season, but the P4 conference races all look like meat grinders at this point.  Gerry pointed out "home team advantage", which is most pronounced when talent is relatively even and the stadium is YOURS.  Note that Cal's stadium advantage does not exist, fortunately for Miami. 

Texas has AWAY games against two of the home teams with BIG stadium crowd advantages.  Plus, Vandy fans seem as eager as his offensive line to come alive for Diego Pavia.

We have history to cheer us having played well in away games before hostile crowds recently.  Nevertheless, the next seven games will be a grind and the next two will be Midterm Exams.

• Hook 'Em 4