I spy Sark, Gideon, Jonah &…

11 minutes ago, AJJ_Sports said:

Gerry is better than me for sure. It would take all ounce of my strength to not ask all of those guys a million questions lol 

Over all, Gerry probably knows a whole lot more than any singular coach. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Find someone that looks at you the way Sark is looking at Gerry Hamilton IMG_1678.thumb.jpeg.ea1a14a1dfcd68ae8abc38e4f9c94ca7.jpeg

And that Lifetime Longhorn and Texas City DC Jermaine Anderson too. We all had some great and fun convos. 

Jermaine said that Ervis Hill's son, Madden Hill ,is one fo the top 2-3 ranked PG's in the 2028 cycle. He's at Clear Springs.

• Hook 'Em 13

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

And that Lifetime Longhorn and Texas City DC Jermaine Anderson too. We all had some great and fun convos. 

Jermaine said that Ervis Hill's son, Madden Hill ,is one fo the top 2-3 ranked PG's in the 2028 cycle. He's at Clear Springs.

Madden Hill

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Madden Hill

That's what I'm saying when people are so excited when someone 6 ft plus dunks. I'm like I've been dunking since 5'8 it was never that hard. I was never skilled in basketball, but I do have a state championship medal and didn't play one second because how when when everyone else was 6ft plus. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

That's what I'm saying when people are so excited when someone 6 ft plus dunks. I'm like I've been dunking since 5'8 it was never that hard. I was never skilled in basketball, but I do have a state championship medal and didn't play one second because how when when everyone else was 6ft plus. 

My old HS … Friendswood High has a 6-1.5 sophomore PG that can fly … already has D1 offers … trains with TJ Ford 

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Gerry Hamilton said:

My old HS … Friendswood High has a 6-1.5 sophomore PG that can fly … already has D1 offers … trains with TJ Ford 

MOV_9762.mov

You have to remember, I graduated in 98. There was no specialized training back then, you played against older competitors at the Y during the summer and open gyms. AAU or travel teams wasn't that big and even if they would have been my mom couldn't afford it. So big ups to the kids who have the opportunity I never had, and I hope they take full advantage of it and maximize their talent and opportunities. You only get one shot.

• Hook 'Em 6

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

You have to remember, I graduated in 98. There was no specialized training back then, you played against older competitors at the Y during the summer and open gyms. AAU or travel teams wasn't that big and even if they would have been my mom couldn't afford it. So big ups to the kids who have the opportunity I never had, and I hope they take full advantage of it and maximize their talent and opportunities. You only get one shot.

Same for me! I was Friendswood in 1993. Right before AAU really took off

Ir was playing at the park, in the neighborhood or having a key to the HS gym year round if lucky!

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Ir was playing at the park, in the neighborhood or having a key to the HS gym year round if lucky!

I literally just got off the phone with my nephew who is 6'2 180 that lost to Kelshaun and co. To him it was a let down but to me I was like it was expected. We laugh when we talk about the end result, but he's a competitor and knows when he's over matched.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

Prove it 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Same for me Gerry! We would come to the pit at Conroe High during the summer and play pick up games for hours. Always a big crowd and if you got on the right team and kept winning you kept playin! Make it -take it to 10. Wow, what memories in the early 70s.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, TexasDeathStar said:

Prove it 

My mom has my medal and I'm 44 and 6ft now and can't dunk anymore. In 94 I was at Lincoln High in Port Arthur with Steve Jackson and Keith Jackson. We, well they played against Chris Klack and Dallas Lincoln and ended up with the win. As for the dunking lol anyone who knows me will tell you I always had the bunnies, I was better at football than basketball.