I spy Sark, Gideon, Jonah &…

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

My mom has my medal and I'm 44 and 6ft now and can't dunk anymore. In 94 I was at Lincoln High in Port Arthur with Steve Jackson and Keith Jackson. We, well they played against Chris Klack and Dallas Lincoln and ended up with the win. As for the dunking lol anyone who knows me will tell you I always had the bunnies, I was better at football than basketball. 

Ummm. I was Friendswood 1993. You guys knocked us out in 1993 playoffs at Baytown Lee gym ... two top 10 ranked teams that had to play too early (2nd round). 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Same for me! I was Friendswood in 1993. Right before AAU really took off

Ir was playing at the park, in the neighborhood or having a key to the HS gym year round if lucky!

I graduated in 2000, I was really fast, I was the token straight black guy in theatre, I smoked weed once…never mind this isn’t going the way I thought.

On a serious note, I was a really good athlete, just started out on the freshman team at 13 years old in ninth grade (I needed an extra year for development physically, emotionally, and socially). I lacked the confidence to be great and ended up quitting my freshman. One of my biggest regrets, but I think that is what makes me a great football and basketball coach.

Group 🫂, Hook Em 🤘🏾!

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

My mom has my medal and I'm 44 and 6ft now and can't dunk anymore. In 94 I was at Lincoln High in Port Arthur with Steve Jackson and Keith Jackson. We, well they played against Chris Klack and Dallas Lincoln and ended up with the win. As for the dunking lol anyone who knows me will tell you I always had the bunnies, I was better at football than basketball. 

I was just giving ya hell lol. I’m 6”1, and just never quite could get it done 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Ummm. I was Friendswood 1993. You guys knocked us out in 1993 playoffs at Baytown Lee gym ... two top 10 ranked teams that had to play too early (2nd round). 

Don't blame me lol I didn't do it. I really couldn't play. I sucked. After my freshman year I transferred to TJHS because it was a better football school and Lincoln was really political and wouldn't let me touch the feild. Once I got to TJ I ended up on a varsity team that beat North Shore and knocked them out of the playoffs, and that team was loaded. We had Elijah Burkins, a Parade all American who ended up at Baylor. I didn't do much that year but play special teams and occasional spot duty but at the time I was only 5'8 maybe 150 until I hit my growth spurt. Offenses weren't as pass happy or wide open as they are now so all I had to do as a safety was see ball get ball. I remember playing against Lincoln my Sr year and my friends at Lincoln was saying I sucked. I ended that game with 18 tackles 10 solo and a pick. When the game ended and we were shaking hands I didn't wear my helmet and went down the line saying remember me.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, TexasDeathStar said:

I was just giving ya hell lol. I’m 6”1, and just never quite could get it done 😂

How at 6"1 once you raise your arm you're 8ft. You only need to get off the ground 2 feet. Hell even in track, I would easily clear the 6ft mark, but anything more than that was asking too much. When it came to long or triple jump my problem was I always went up instead of out, so I sucked at it. Lol, it didn't matter because as athletic as I was I knew my future didn't include collegiate or professional sports. It still felt good seeing my name in PA newspapers and making highlights on Friday night blitz.😂

1 hour ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

I was at that tourney. The Bumble Bees!

• Hook 'Em 1