No. 1 Texas vs. No. 18 Oklahoma Game Week Thread

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ScottinTexas said:

We will find out what this team is made of next weekend.  It’s a long season though, and Kirby Smart’s words have proven true, “Humility is one week away in the SEC.”  Texas is the only undefeated SEC team left!  Every weeks is for a Natty.  Every week.

That's a great quote from Kirby Smart!

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

Fun fact about this upcoming game Saturday - The last time Oklahoma played a #1 ranked Texas team in Dallas, Mack Brown was Oklahoma’s offensive coordinator.

Todd Dodge was our QB and Jeff Ward was our kicker.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

So you are sark and have a choice to receive the ball or defer.. what do you do?  OU is clearly picking defense first if they win the toss.  Trying to remember the Michigan game sark took the ball first right?  The venom in the OU D would be vastly higher if we did the same here. 

In this game, and based on how bad OUs offense has been this year, I'm deferring.  I've got confidence in our defense to get us the ball right back after kickoff and then we get it to start the second half. Other games this year, give me the ball first, but in this one, I don't see it as a risk to give it them just to give it back to us.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

So you are sark and have a choice to receive the ball or defer.. what do you do?  OU is clearly picking defense first if they win the toss.  Trying to remember the Michigan game sark took the ball first right?  The venom in the OU D would be vastly higher if we did the same here. 

IDMAS.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, bourbasted said:

In this game, and based on how bad OUs offense has been this year, I'm deferring.  I've got confidence in our defense to get us the ball right back after kickoff and then we get it to start the second half. Other games this year, give me the ball first, but in this one, I don't see it as a risk to give it them just to give it back to us.

I’m with you on this. I can just see Sark licking his chops to go up quickly. We go up 14 in this game early it will be difficult for OU to come back 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

I want the ball after half. Period. Full stop.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

I give them the ball. Unless Oklahoma offense found all of the answers with a freshman qb in the biggest game of the season it's unlikely they score. I want the ball first after the half. Because I'm trying to score right before the half. With OU struggles on offense if they go down two scores it's unlikely they can come back. Which will force BV to be ultra aggressive and blitz happy and I'll take our speed on the outside against their corners all day. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Obviously two different teams, but comparing how each team was performing entering the game last year and this year. 
Last year, OU was statistically playing better football than we were going into the game. We should be in good shape this year if we don’t turn the ball over like we did three times last year.  Easier said than done as they lead the country with 8 fumble recoveries and are 3rd in overall turnover margin. 

IMG_5920.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3