You agreed to pay your qb $60 million per year

And in the last three possessions of the half, your team was in or near the red zone, and

1) he suffered a strip sack,

2) on 3rd and 16, you run up the middle for a short gain when you are in easy fg range even if you take a sack, and

3) he threw a horrible pick at the goal line.

Money well spent?

Cowboys still lead going to the half and can win this game, but . . . damn.

Edited by bierce
  • Hook 'Em 1

• bierce changed the title to You agreed to pay your qb $60 million per year
10 minutes ago, bierce said:

And in the last three possessions of the half, your team was in or near the red zone, and

1) he suffered a strip sack,

2) on 3rd and 16, you run up the middle for a short gain when you are in easy fg range even if you take a sack, and

3) he threw a horrible pick at the goal line.

Money well spent?

Cowboys still lead going to the half and can win this game, but . . . damn.

Yep, ole' Dakota Rain is ok, but that's about it. IF he was surrounded by outstanding teammates he'd be ok+1, but he isn't, so he's not.

As an old Cowboys fan, this is painful to watch.

Steelers fans can't be happy either.

At least I have my Cowboys memories...as a high school senior I got to go to SB VI in New Orleans, Dallas 24 Miami 3. But geez, that was awhile ago. I'm 70 now, and the last great Cowboys teams came when I was 40. Yikes.

Cowboys have worked themselves into the worst place to be in the NFL -- the middle. Not bad enough to get the #1 pick but not good enough for the playoffs.

Hook 'Em Horns! Texas #1 !

• Hook 'Em 3

Lol my qb went from Mr. Irrelevant to NFL darling to dookie covered butt cheeks. However, he's still on his rookie contract so we basically paying him in food stamps. 9er fans argued me up and down that Brock Purdy was elite, I was like dude I watched him for four years at ISU and he got progressively worse every year. So now when the 9ers lose I run to the 9er channels just to troll my own fanbase. So I win no matter what😂

While the OP’s comments are not wrong, I notice he did not come back and comment on Dak leading the game winning drive late in the game. While Dak is far from perfect, everybody whining about him being here and how much he makes is irrelevant. If you cannot cheer for him or cheer for the Cowboys because of Jones, then go find another team. JMO. 

Top 5 QBs by salary and their teams' records -

$60 million - Dak Prescott (3-2, 2nd in division)

$55 million - Trevor Lawrence (1-4, last in division)

$55 million - Joe Burrow (1-4, tied for last in division)

$55 million - Jordan Love (3-2, tied for last in division)

$53 million - Tua Tagovailoa (2-3, tied for 2nd/3rd in division, concussed for nth time and may retire)

And don't forget the QB with the longest fully guaranteed contract, Deshaun Watson - (1-4, tied for last in division)

--

Just scanning the list of the 10 division leaders counting ties there isn't a clear pattern of whether it's good to pay big bucks or not

2 (Texans and Commanders) have QBs picked 2nd in their drafts playing on rookie deals - this is ideal if you can pull it off because it frees $35 million or so for roster building, but it's interesting that the two QBs taken ahead of these two QBs in the drafts haven't played as well, so it's a bit of a crap shoot picking the right guy

4 (Seahawks, Tampa Bay, Vikings, Steelers) have relatively low cost reclamation project QBs - this is dicey because there's a reason Smith, Mayfield, Darnold and Fields crashed elsewhere. How deep in the playoffs can they take you?

4 (Bills, Chiefs, Falcons, Ravens) have highly regarded guys (Cousins less so than the others) making good money, though Cousins, Lamar and Allen will all have doubters until they win big in the playoffs

Dak had the Cowboys in a bind because he couldn't be tagged and was in his last contract year, so they had to overpay if you just look at his performance