What should I do??

33 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

I’ve had this same situation last year with a first birthday party staying at 10 am for Texas OU and then again with brunch with Santa for big 12 championship. Go dark, it’ll be easier to stay dark since you’re in NY and not a lot of TX fans there versus here in central Texas. Record the game and watch from the beginning. If things are looking good ask your wife to check and see if it’s ok to turn the lights on. Pro tip, don’t plug your phone in when you get home. Even if it’s off it will turn on and you’ll get all your notifications and ruin the black out. Enjoy apple picking and be present for your wife and family. Will definitely go a lot further than trying to check the game in winning brownie points. Just one dad’s option though. 

Yea definitely the best overall option I think at this point. You’re right about the notifications, that’s got me in the past because I’ve still been on the phone checking other things. Considering I’ll be down for the Georgia game then that’s a fair compromise.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, goattalk100 said:

Well here it is. I forgot my wife had planned an apple picking event for us and some friends for Saturday, which cannot be moved or rescheduled. Part of that is due to me being down in Austin for Texas-Georgia next week (I live in New York). So I’m wondering if I should go dark during the day, turning off all notifications & not checking scores until I can sit down that night & watch the replay. Or should I have it on my phone during the apple picking but only watching bits & pieces of the game. Either one seems a bit agonizing lol but what option would you choose?

Side note: marry a longhorn fan, it makes everything easier.

You fake a sickness at all costs. Make yourself throw up/take a pill that will give you the runs.  Arguably the best CFB day in the last 20 years.

• Haha 1

I got married in Montana on TX-OU game day 1993.  The date was one that I had to live with.  One of my UT friends was my Best Man and he gave up a lot to be there.  I ignored the game until we were well into the reception, which was good because that year sucked for us.  We are still married 31 years later.

I’m sorry but you guys need to grow a pair! It’s Texas Longhorn football! My wife knows even if we are playing La Tech I’ll be watching no matter what!  And I’ll be sitting deep in the OU section tomorrow on the lower level! Not scared!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Matthew Allen said:

I got married in Montana on TX-OU game day 1993.  The date was one that I had to live with.  One of my UT friends was my Best Man and he gave up a lot to be there.  I ignored the game until we were well into the reception, which was good because that year sucked for us.  We are still married 31 years later.

Congrats!!! 31 years is a blessing. Glad it worked out for you, but I’m hoping for a different result tomorrow than that game lol.

4 hours ago, tfoster40 said:

I had some plans pop up that I have to be there for, so I’m deleting all the apps on my phone that notify me scores, recording the game, and gonna stress about it till 6pm when I can watch it😭

We might be in the same boat tomorrow my brother

• Hook 'Em 1