My Time Behind Enemy Lines

Today marks a week since I’ve been banned from an OU site. I’m assuming they have eyes here and saw the screenshots I posted in the OU hate week thread. Anywho, I subscribed to the website after Riley departed and Venebles was brought in. 

A few notes according to that site and it’s subscribers:

It was believed that the program was already deteriorating under Riley, Grinch, and Wiley. That there wasn’t a culture of accountability and Wiley was/is seen  as Billy Blanks when it came to strength and conditioned.

The believed BV was an upgrade and they thought they would see immediate results in his first season (as they believed they didn’t lose a lot)

The thought after the first season was Riley had let the program get so bad that BV had to rip it to the studs. 

BV’s second season and losing 3 games after Texas was bad, but there was hope. The scapegoats for last season were Jeff Lebby and Dillon Gabriel. 

The view was Lebby didn’t have a plan or an identity for what he wanted to do on offense, and that he made some terrible play calls in critical moments of the game. They also felt that DG limited the offense because of his lack of arm strength and arm talent when compared with Jackson Arnold. 

Arnold was viewed as a generational talent and a guy that would lead them to their next national championship. They also thought Seth Littrell would be way better than Lebby (Brent wanted to keep Joe Jon Finley for his knowledge of the Briles offense)

There have been questions about how much has Littrell been able to add his stuff.

It seems OU has done away with RPO to simplify the offense.

I think BV has mismanaged the QB situation. I don’t know who made the ultimate decision of Arnold over DG (BV or Joe Castiglione). 

There are some questions concerning Seth Littrell and Demarco Murray and if they should be back next season.

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chennups said:

burn it down! 

i could care less.  we need to kick them while they're down to restore the advantage in the head-to-head series that they've eroded over the past 30 years.

It’s about to get ugly

7 minutes ago, Neil Leininger said:

The Veer and shoot and the Air Raid are not anywhere close to the same offensive systems at their core. I look at their offensive coaching staff and laugh and how misfit it is with no real elite coaches. It feels like a late Mack Brown offensive staff.

Or a Charlie Strong staff

They are in a heap of trouble. We’ve seen how programs can crumble and get mired down in mediocrity. I see this as their near to mid-term future. Their OL is a mess, their QB room is a mess, they’re likely going to fire the offensive staff at the end of the year and lastly, it’s doubtful Burnt Vegetables is the guy that knows how to fix any of that.

It’s a beautiful thing. I wish them failure and misery for as long as it can sustain.

🤘🤘🤘🤘

• Hook 'Em 1