Texas Women’s Volleyball

Kahahawai crushed one but wide.  8-5. 

Crushed another down line.  9-5.

UK kill strong side. 9-6.

Ames clubbed one, overpass dig by UK, Rutherford tapped it wide.  9-7.

Rutherford kill 10-7.

Skinner kill.

Rutherford/Ames block.  12-7.  Timeout UK

Rutherford off block and into the stands.  13-7.

Great dig by Halter, but UK saved the point on a dink.  13-8.

Ames middle kill through block.  14-8.

UK dink.  14-9.

Singletary dink middle.  15-9.

UK hitter blocked, but goes out.  15-10.

Skinner whiffs serve return. 15-11.  UK serve error.  16-11.

51 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

If you don't mind me asking, what has been the turnaround from earlier in year?

Getting use to the 6-2 offense. Texas had been a 6-1 offense. New middle blockers getting experience, better passing and service return

Edited by GoHorns1
  • Hook 'Em 2

I feel they are settling on rotations and have found their rhythm. Loosing Asjia O’Neil was tuff and it has taken time for the new middles to adjust. They had 14 blocks against Kentucky so I think they are coming on. 
Rutherford was also slow getting going but she seems to be playing better (transfer from Kentucky). She replaces Molly Phillips who was a solid contributor for multiple years.

They are also running a 6-2, which Texas hasn’t done in years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

If you don't mind me asking, what has been the turnaround from earlier in year?

I agree with GoHorns1, but I would add the fact our hitters and Carlson were not in sync in the first few matches.  The timing just wasn't there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, bierce said:

I agree with GoHorns1, but I would add the fact our hitters and Carlson were not in sync in the first few matches.  The timing just wasn't there. 

Getting in sync takes time. It took Texas some time to get sync last year with our freshman.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, GoHorns1 said:

Getting in sync takes time. It took Texas some time to get sync last year with our freshman.

I know, and I said as much last month when people were freaking out about starting the season 3-3. 

4 minutes ago, bierce said:

I know, and I said as much last month when people were freaking out about starting the season 3-3. 

I remember that. It takes time to get all the players in sync each year because of new players or setters.

21 hours ago, bierce said:

I haven't watched this match yet but the previous against Florida, I liked Carlson with Kahahawai and Singletary. The 6-2 isn't just bringing in another setter, our front line stays fresh. I could be guessing on this, when Swindle and Carlson are on the bench, it might be easier for them to determine how the other team is defending and then change the way they're setting their hitters.  Whatever they're doing is working.