DB Derek Williams Jr. Done for Season

2 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Steve Sarkisian announced on Monday DB Derek Williams Jr. is done for the season after a leg injury he sustained against Oklahoma. 

Really unfortunate. 

This one hurts.  Good luck to him on rehab / recovery.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Steve Sarkisian announced on Monday DB Derek Williams Jr. is done for the season after a leg injury he sustained against Oklahoma. 

Really unfortunate. 

Makes me sick for the guy, he's been an absolute stud. 

Time for McDonald to be the primo run-stopping DB. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, JMarquette said:

Makes me sick for the guy, he's been an absolute stud. 

Time for McDonald to be the primo run-stopping DB. 

Injuries can happen at anytime in a game.  Sad to hear, but someone else will get a lot of playing time now.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Cujonation83 said:

That's football period! Every team is going to have them. Georgia has alot of injury issues. 

Not exactly.  Why do you think the NFL changed kickoff rules?  And for the record I’m all for playing your guys on special teams.  It’s just that you will have to live with a higher injury rate to said guys.  

IMG_3716.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, pinkman_90 said:

Not exactly.  Why do you think the NFL changed kickoff rules?  And for the record I’m all for playing your guys on special teams.  It’s just that you will have to live with a higher injury rate to said guys.  

IMG_3716.jpeg

Like I said, IT'S FOOTBALL! You're going to have them no matter how me, you, or whatever anyone say. Crying about it ain't changing that fact. Texas injury situation is better than most. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Key loss in run support from the safety position … he’s the best on the roster

Jordan Johnson-Rubell will now likely play meaningful reps this season down the stretch 

According to Vogel, McDonald played 47 snaps against OU; JJR only played 18 snaps.  It looks like the Raptor’s snaps will go to McDonald.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Cujonation83 said:

Like I said, IT'S FOOTBALL! You're going to have them no matter how me, you, or whatever anyone say. Crying about it ain't changing that fact. Texas injury situation is better than most. 

Love when people don’t know how to read.  Creates for a great message board conversation

9 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Key loss in run support from the safety position … he’s the best on the roster

Jordan Johnson-Rubell will now likely play meaningful reps this season down the stretch 

is Filsame just that far behind?

6 minutes ago, pinkman_90 said:

IMG_3716.jpeg

Not a reason to eliminate the most iconic play in football.  The pregame show is called “The Kickoff Show” for a reason; it’s not called “The IR Show”.  If you can’t handle the kickoff, play Madden instead.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Raistlin said:

Not a reason to eliminate the most iconic play in football.  The pregame show is called “The Kickoff Show” for a reason; it’s not called “The IR Show”.  If you can’t handle the kickoff, play Madden instead.  

Pointing out that coaches have to make tough decisions (I.e. better specials teams play coming with higher risk of injury) apparently means I’m terrified of kickoffs. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pinkman_90 said:

IMG_3716.jpeg

The NFL wanted more safer kickoffs and NOT eliminate them. The new kickoff rules you're trying to parade here actually increase kickoff returns. Before the change this year touchback rate was 90+% and now it's down to about 65%. So they're actually getting more kickoff returns this year than last year because of those rule changes. I bet they also change the touchback rule to penalize teams just kicking touchbacks for the 2025 season. 

More importantly why are you comparing a concussion analysis to a lower leg injury? 

Injuries happen man, you can't be scared to play players on special teams because potential of an injury. By your theory and rationalization so far we shouldn't even practice because players can be injured there and were(see the RB room).

Edited by Hashtag
  • Hook 'Em 1