Top 5 coaches

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Saw where Sark was #3 in a top 5. Where would y’all rank coach Sark ? 

I always have a hard time answering this question. Best coach or best CEO of a blue blood team. 

Edited by codaxx

6 minutes ago, codaxx said:

I always have a hard time answering this question. Best coach or best CEO of a blue blood team. 

This particular list was based off culture,recruiting and trajectory of the program based off the last 3 years. 

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

This particular list was based off culture,recruiting and trajectory of the program based off the last 3 years. 

This list lost some appeal lately.. 

Kirby is easy.. 

Hate to say it, but Lane is on there

I guess Day, but I hate that more than Lane

Norvell and Sark? 

4 minutes ago, codaxx said:

This list lost some appeal lately.. 

Kirby is easy.. 

Hate to say it, but Lane is on there

I guess Day, but I hate that more than Lane

Norvell and Sark? 

His list 

1- Smart 

2- Kelly 

3- Sark

4- Day

5- Norvell 

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

His list 

1- Smart 

2- Kelly 

3- Sark

4- Day

5- Norvell 

Thought about Kelly, but I am not sure about where that is going. Good coach, but he is just an odd fit at LSU. Day is tough for me. OSU is no better today, then the day he took over. They went all in for this year, if Day doesnt win, I could see that unwinding in the near future.  Only one on the list that am confident will be there next year is Smart. I do think Lane is doesnt get enough credit for the job he has done at Ole Miss. 

Edited by codaxx

Just now, codaxx said:

Thought about Kelly, but I am not sure about where that is going. Good coach, but he is just an odd fit at LSU. Day is tough for me. OSU is no better today, then the day he took over. They went all in for this year, if Day doesnt win, I could see that unwinding in the near future.  Only one of the list that  am confident will be there next year is Smart. I do think Lane is doesnt get enough credit for the job he has done at Ole Miss. 

I’ll agree with you on Lane. Day has only won 87 % of his games just not the big one. I remember when Kirby couldn’t win the big one. But you’re correct Ohio St will can him if he don’t win next year. 

3 minutes ago, Shane said:

I’ll agree with you on Lane. Day has only won 87 % of his games just not the big one. I remember when Kirby couldn’t win the big one. But you’re correct Ohio St will can him if he don’t win next year. 

You have to put Day on the list, but the rumblings around Columbus are real. Just a weird time in Football. Not a lot of proven commodities, that have done it for 5+ years at the same school. You can see the trends on Sark, Lane, and Norvell, but you would really like to see more than 1 or 2 seasons before you put them on a list like this.  The rules of the game have changed dramatically in the last few years. It is hard to know who is going to be the select few that can consistently navigate this new world with NIL and unlimited transfers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, codaxx said:

You have to put Day on the list, but the rumblings around Columbus are real. Just a weird time in Football. Not a lot of proven commodities, that have done it for 5+ years at the same school. You can see the trends on Sark, Lane, and Norvell, but you would really like to see more than 1 or 2 seasons before you put them on a list like this.  The rules of the game have changed dramatically in the last few years. It is hard to know who is going to be the select few that can consistently navigate this new world with NIL and unlimited transfers. 

Strong take and agree IMO.

I believe DeBoer will be on any top 1-5 list shortly. Really believe he's that good. 

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I believe DeBoer will be on any top 1-5 list shortly. Really believe he's that good. 

I think you’re very right on this take ! 

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

He is really good. I just think you have to wait. I call it the Rollie Massimino (SP?) syndrome. There are some coaches that are just great ball coaches, but struggle at higher profile jobs when their focus becomes more CEO than ball coach. They are great at getting the most out of lesser rosters, but struggle in the spot lights 

Edited by codaxx