Michigan DL Coach Headed to NFL

14 minutes ago, Baron said:

I can't agree with this. DL is the one position on defense where three star prospects seem to develop. Brown is in and we have our sights set on Orogbo, Williams and Guidry.

That’s fine, we all won’t agree. I don’t see that we’ve stockpiled anything though. We’re having to be “in” on guys rather than re-loading like we’re doing on OL and WR. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, 4thandFive said:

That’s fine, we all won’t agree. I don’t see that we’ve stockpiled anything though. We’re having to be “in” on guys rather than re-loading like we’re doing on OL and WR. 

Broughton and Collins are the starters. Savea will surely be in the rotation. Bledsoe, Bryant and Mitchell should help hold the line. There will be more coming in 2025.

Everything we have at Buck/Jack/Mike/Will/Sam, in whatever combination they choose to play them will bolster the DL. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

Broughton and Collins are the starters. Savea will surely be in the rotation. Bledsoe, Bryant and Mitchell should help hold the line. There will be more coming in 2025.

Everything we have at Buck/Jack/Mike/Will/Sam, in whatever combination they choose to play them will bolster the DL. 

The problem is imo, is we have seen very little from the four guys of Bledsoe, Bryant and Mitchell. We rotate 6 IDL so half of the rotation is unknown imo. Last year we had maybe 2 unknown. Now after this year we could lose 2-3 guys and Swanson may transfer because not sure he will ever see the field much. At best we'd be down to 7 guys that that had been on campus and two would be redshirt freshman so one would have to play unless we get some difference maker transfers which are hard to come by. This room is one of the last rooms that has to be rebuilt imo. Every other save TE and maybe safety, has been rebuilt with talent that we can reload at. We've taken 3 IDL the last two years in recruiting, that's not good moving to the SEC imo.

37 minutes ago, Hookem777 said:

The problem is imo, is we have seen very little from the four guys of Bledsoe, Bryant and Mitchell. We rotate 6 IDL so half of the rotation is unknown imo. Last year we had maybe 2 unknown. Now after this year we could lose 2-3 guys and Swanson may transfer because not sure he will ever see the field much. At best we'd be down to 7 guys that that had been on campus and two would be redshirt freshman so one would have to play unless we get some difference maker transfers which are hard to come by. This room is one of the last rooms that has to be rebuilt imo. Every other save TE and maybe safety, has been rebuilt with talent that we can reload at. We've taken 3 IDL the last two years in recruiting, that's not good moving to the SEC imo.

My mantra has always been be positive, there is always enough negative when you are wrong.

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

My mantra has always been be positive, there is always enough negative when you are wrong.

I'm being neither negative nor positive, just saying what the facts are. Not sure what you are trying to say. Facts are facts and shouldn't be ignored imo.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, 4thandFive said:

It feels like Texas is way behind many in the SEC re: the DL room.

Seriously ?! We just had four NFL DTs leave the program in two years with two being mocked as first rounders and another likely in 2025 in Collins.

Edited by uthorn1374
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Baron said:

I hope not. Collins at the 1 tech, would be a waste of his talent. Broughton has improved, but still struggles with pad level at times. I can not imagine him playing the 1 tech. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Baron said:

I'm not so sure on the starters. 

Ideally, Sydir Mitchell will take a big step. Starting Mitchell and Collins is SEC size. Savea next man, Broughton, Bryant to anchor against run. 

Bledsoe is the wild card 

Texas will add at least one more "SEC body/talent" in the portal after the spring IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

I don't think Kenny Baker has any ties to either player. I think Texas will attempt to create a tie the second either Graham or Grant enter the portal. Post haste.

image.thumb.png.ee2a7f8d943b7eeb558c8c61120c739c.png 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/13567552/637d17935eec6a07105b063c 

Any chance Texas circles back here? Does Brandon Harris or JMJ have a relationship? 

Etta is one I feel regional powers in Texas shouldve prioritized more. Elite frame, movement skills, motor. Perhaps the academics and culture of Michigan appealed to him all the way

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I'm not so sure on the starters. 

Ideally, Sydir Mitchell will take a big step. Starting Mitchell and Collins is SEC size. Savea next man, Broughton, Bryant to anchor against run. 

Bledsoe is the wild card 

Texas will add at least one more "SEC body/talent" in the portal after the spring IMO. 

Gerry, if by some miracle we land Graham and Grant from Michigan if they entered, would Collins back up Graham at DT?

21 hours ago, uthorn1374 said:

Seriously ?! We just had four NFL DTs leave the program in two years with two being mocked as first rounders and another likely in 2025 in Collins.

I believe he was referring to next year. Most SEC schools have top line interior DL talent with several future draft picks.  You could say that about our 2023 team, but not 2024.  Perhaps Bledsoe and some guys come through, but there are a lot of questions.  Not just on 24, but 25 since we have not stscked talent in the DL like most all other positions.