Four-star DL Joseph Mbatchou decommits from Florida

Gerry Hamilton

1 minute ago, JMarquette said:

I think this game made Sark & Co. understand that we need some of those Georgia Boys... an NIL bag may be incoming for Justus. 

Agreed.  I know the staff wants to avoid upsetting the locker room by giving a HS kid that kind of money, but elite DL prospects like this don’t come along very often.  You have to go the Aggy route and pay a premium for them.  Difference is Baker has proven in his short time he can develop, so I trust him to develop his prospects into NFL draft picks.

2 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Mbatchou not expected to announce a decision until late November or early December ... barring a major change. 

How far away do you think he is from actually playing?  If he’s as raw as what’s being reported, it sounds like he’s at least two years away from hitting the field. Am I off on that?  

14 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Turning into an NIL recruitment because of USC. 

See what happens. 

Would Mbatchou carry the same NIL asking price as Terry?  Or would Terry be more expensive.  If they would be the same, then UT should extend an offer that Terry could not refuse.  After what we witnessed Saturday night, we may need to reset the market for top notch linemen out of Georgia.  

I always knew that we needed to recruit the trenches better, but witnessing Georgia players first hand really shows me that we still got work to do in order to have that next level d-line like them.