Four-star DL Joseph Mbatchou decommits from Florida

Gerry Hamilton

1 minute ago, Zacharyhorn said:

Would Mbatchou carry the same NIL asking price as Terry?  Or would Terry be more expensive.  If they would be the same, then UT should extend an offer that Terry could not refuse.  After what we witnessed Saturday night, we may need to reset the market for top notch linemen out of Georgia.  

I always knew that we needed to recruit the trenches better, but witnessing Georgia players first hand really shows me that we still got work to do in order to have that next level d-line like them.

Terry will cost more - Hard to take a georgia kid out of state who is a highly sought after 5 star and I would assume Miami is going to make a significant NIL push for him as well  

Mbatchou is going to be a project since he hasn't played much football. That doesn't mean he won't get some good NIL money, but have to imagine Terry will be significantly higher. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zacharyhorn said:

Would Mbatchou carry the same NIL asking price as Terry?  Or would Terry be more expensive.  If they would be the same, then UT should extend an offer that Terry could not refuse.  After what we witnessed Saturday night, we may need to reset the market for top notch linemen out of Georgia.  

I always knew that we needed to recruit the trenches better, but witnessing Georgia players first hand really shows me that we still got work to do in order to have that next level d-line like them.

Throw the Brinks truck at Justus Terry and see how interested he is.  If he still chooses Georgia, push for a Kevin Wynn flip, Chace Sims and Mbatchou.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just hope Sark’s mind set has changed on DL recruiting.  Gotta pay big money for these DL recruitments.  Sharma and Charles point to yes on the mindset.

Mbatchou, Mathis, Wynn, Terry, Sanders, Sims aren’t going to be recruitments we can win if we offer significantly less in NIL.

Edited by Jonesyfam7
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

Throw the Brinks truck at Justus Terry and see how interested he is.  If he still chooses Georgia, push for a Kevin Wynn flip, Chace Sims and Mbatchou.

If I'm reading this wrong, then it is what it is, but I think we lead for Mbatchou considering he decommitted the day after our OV. I think only way we get Wynn is if USC implodes (highly likely), I think Sims may flip to us soon (just a little too much smoke there). 

7 minutes ago, JMarquette said:

If I'm reading this wrong, then it is what it is, but I think we lead for Mbatchou considering he decommitted the day after our OV. I think only way we get Wynn is if USC implodes (highly likely), I think Sims may flip to us soon (just a little too much smoke there). 

Yeah add him and end up with a class of Justus Terry, Myron Charles, Josiah Sharma, Joseph Mbatchou, and Chace Sims.  1 high end DL, 2 solid DL, and 2 developmental DL. Supplement the losses of Collins and Broughton with the portal.  Wouldn’t be bad at all.

Edited by qaertyisthatdude

3 minutes ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

Yeah add him and end up with a class of Justus Terry, Myron Charles, Josiah Sharma, Joseph Mbatchou, and Chace Sims.  1 high end DL, 2 solid DL, and 2 developmental DL. Supplement the losses of Collins and Broughton with the portal.  Wouldn’t be bad at all.

That DL class would feed families and probably be the best DL class since maybe the mid 2000's. IMO - Terry has to be the biggest hurdle.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, GetHooked said:

The "Hi" post here is as worthwhile as the "First" post on Orangebloods.  Completely meaningless.  

Yeah, that is just wrong. Sorry. 

Letting you guys know the best I/we can when someone commits to Texas is meaningful. Now that doesn't mean the Texas staff gets 10 of 10 of those guys to commit publicly (as things in the NIL and recruiting world can change), but if the Texas staff follows through and 8 or 9 of 10 end up committing publicly - that's significant. 

• Hook 'Em 14
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Letting you guys know the best I/we can when someone commits to Texas is meaningful. Now that doesn't mean the Texas staff gets 10 of 10 of those guys to commit publicly (as things in the NIL and recruiting world can change), but if the Texas staff follows through and 8 or 9 of 10 end up committing publicly - that's significant. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

At some point in the NIL era does Georgia have to make decisions on which DL to allocate their money to?  With the commitment of 5 star Elijah Griffin last week that makes 3 DT's and 2 DE's with Terry and Mbatchou still on the board.  Of that group, Gibson, Griffin, and Terry are all 5 Stars which means they are commanding very large NIL deals.  Does there come a point where they have to let one or even two of these guys go due to not enough dollars on the payroll?  And schools like Texas, Oregon, USC, Ohio State driving up the costs.  Or does UGA simply have enough in the war chest to afford everyone?  This is no longer the era where these kids are willing to take less just to play for Georgia or Bama.  Nick has even said as much and that was one of the reasons he wanted out.  Not saying Georgia plays by the rules either, but the money has got to be getting up there even for them. 

Edited by pskjace
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

@Gerry Hamilton and staff don't need defending, but ffs, OTF gets this information from their trusted sources. The information they are getting is information at the time they receive it. Just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean that it's bad information or was not true at the time they received it. These are 17-18 year old kids - the amount of mind changes that can go through a kid's head, especially considering the money that is thrown around is crazy. 

1 minute ago, Jonesyfam7 said:

Fong dong just wrote in his Monday article that he likes where Auburn sits with Mbatchou. 

We ain’t getting this kid unless we pay up with Auburn and burnt brisket involved.  I wish Auburn wasn’t involved because our record against for them in the last year hasn’t been good……at all.

Auburn having a top class is comical.  Hugh Freeze won’t be there much longer if he keeps inventing ways to lose games.  Respect the War Eagle chest tho

1 hour ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

I get NIL but these kids have to look at where a team is going.

SC and Auburn are showing zero signs of being a contender or having a strong culture in place.

Thats the problem more times than not. Most of these kids aren’t coming from wealth and have broke family members depending on them which has them making bad team decisions to chase a high NIL prices. 

• Hook 'Em 1