If Texas Plays Georgia Again...

37 minutes ago, Daniel Lovell said:

Thank u Cj cause these comments trying to make it seem like quin isn’t gonna make a nfl team next year or when ever he does go 

Who cares if he gets drafted 1st or 7th round. He needs to play well now. He needs to show up now for his team. 

1 minute ago, rgvhorn80 said:

Who cares if he gets drafted 1st or 7th round. He needs to play well now. He needs to show up now for his team. 

The same reason it mattered that sark had zero drafted his first and the same reason it mattered that he had 11 drafted last year 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TTown said:

Really depends on which quarterback would be playing then tbh. Right now I don't think any of us know for sure on that, as crazy as that seems. Not hating, but that leash gets shorter by the day seemingly. I don't care, just want whoever gives us the best chance period. Great read though for sure👍

People should note that Arch's PFF rating was lower than Quinn's.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hashtag said:

On the season Arch PFF rating is ahead which is the larger sample size. 

My comment was addressing the Georgia game in particular, in case some missed it.  Arch has great ability but favors the hero throw into coverage over the short or intermediate throw to the open receiver.

1 minute ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

My comment was addressing the Georgia game in particular, in case some missed it.  Arch has great ability but favors the hero throw into coverage over the short or intermediate throw to the open receiver.

At least Arch can complete the hero throw. The hero throw is how you beat a Georgia. Not being a check down merchant. 

look at the thread I posted about Quinn beyond 4 5 yards this season Quinn is average at best and deep he’s flat out bad 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

At least Arch can complete the hero throw. The hero throw is how you beat a Georgia. Not being a check down merchant. 

look at the thread I posted about Quinn beyond 4 5 yards this season Quinn is average at best and deep he’s flat out bad 

Hero throws into coverage is not how most victories are attained.  Taking the open receiver underneath is the much better bet to advance the ball.  Just fundamental here.

Edited by Burnt Orange Horn

3 hours ago, 4thandFive said:

Understandable. But the more I think about it, the more I get the feeling that Sark is the one who didn’t have his team ready, who didn’t show up, who didn’t alter his game plan, and who made questionable decisions. 

I love Sark, but he stubbed his toe Saturday. 

I disagree with this only because there were guys open multiple times in the first and second halves and 3 (& 16 once) either didn't see them at all, or he didn't pull the trigger. I just find it hard to put too much blame on Sark when we got such bad QB play. Yes the OL wasn't great, but I still think qb play exacerbated that to a big degree.

1 hour ago, CJ Vogel said:

Georgia has a damn good defense. 

Quinn Ewers is still a very good quarterback. The overreaction to the UGA game is insane.

Is it? This has been two weeks in a row that Quinn has had really bad feet and really bad eyes, the regression from a third year starter has to be concerning. If he's hurt that bad, why on earth is he playing?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

Out of curiosity, what adjustments were there for Texas to make offensively that Sarkisian did not make?

I think we need Blue out there more. I love Tre’s physically but with how fast Georgia is, blue needs to be the primary back. May need to go more 12 but keep more help in if Ewers won’t move in the pocket

20 minutes ago, sui5 said:

Is it? This has been two weeks in a row that Quinn has had really bad feet and really bad eyes, the regression from a third year starter has to be concerning. If he's hurt that bad, why on earth is he playing?

We don't know how injured he is right now. Quinn Ewers has struggled and this game will be key 🔑 if he will break out of his funk.

5 minutes ago, Cujonation83 said:

We don't know how injured he is right now. Quinn Ewers has struggled and this game will be key 🔑 if he will break out of his funk.

What I'm saying is, if he is injured, as some people have suggested, why is he on the field? He's actively hurting this team by not being able to push the ball downfield and having poor eyes and poor feet. I don't actually think he's that hurt, I just think he either doesn't have the confidence to make those throws any more, or maybe he just can't drive the ball down the field well. Every throw that travels further than 15-20 yards is a moon shot with zero pace on it. It's really easy to defend when you don't have to worry about getting beat deep.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, CJ Vogel said:

Georgia has a damn good defense. 

Quinn Ewers is still a very good quarterback. The overreaction to the UGA game is insane.

Agree!!  Look how many great QBs Bill Belichick made look awful. UGA is damn good defensively up front especially on Saturday. They created so much havoc there in the last quarter and a half of the first half there was probably not much adjustment we could reasonably make to counter them. They were better Saturday, it’s ok. There’s a reason they’ve only lost 3 regular season games in the last 4 years. They’re damn good and very well coached. We did underestimate them to some degree imo. Kirby did a great job getting them angry and feeling disrespected to come out playing fierce. You add in our complete lack of execution on offense with early turnovers it fed into what we got. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

Agree!!  Look how many great QBs Bill Belichick made look awful. UGA is damn good defensively up front especially on Saturday. They created so much havoc there in the last quarter and a half of the first half there was probably not much adjustment we could reasonably make to counter them. They were better Saturday, it’s ok. There’s a reason they’ve only lost 3 regular season games in the last 4 years. They’re damn good and very well coached. We did underestimate them to some degree imo. Kirby did a great job getting them angry and feeling disrespected to come out playing fierce. You add in our complete lack of execution on offense with early turnovers it fed into what we got. 

There is looking bad(Beck for this game) then there is complete breakdown of mechanics(Quinn OU/UGA). As bad as Beck played vs us he looked better than Quinn

Edited by Hashtag

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

There is looking bad(Beck for this game) then there is complete breakdown of mechanics(Quinn OU/UGA). As bad as Beck played vs us he looked better than Quinn

Did he though?

Beck was horrible. A quarter of his yards came on a double reverse flea flicker – He had 41 pass attempts.

• Hook 'Em 2

Whatever, we have to play tempo when it gets to third down or just not changing personnel. So stick with two tight end sets, we can’t substitute because it allows Georgia to bring in their elite pass rushers.

Whenever they got to third down, they made sure to go tempo to prevent us from substituting.

5 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

Out of curiosity, what adjustments were there for Texas to make offensively that Sarkisian did not make?

Of course there are always tweaks to be made, but there seems to always be this simplistic message board belief that win= you made adjustments! Lose= you didn’t make adjustments!

I wish beating Georgia was that easy. I do think Texas found a little something in the second half running the ball (Wisner had 6 rushes the first two drives out of halftime for 26 yards), but the game script got away and forced Texas to continue to have to go to the air.