Four-star DL Dilan Battle updates his recruitment (Wednesday 3:58 p.m. CST)

• Moderators

One of the stops Steve Sarkisian and Kenny Baker made together in late January was Mansfield (Texas) Timberview High to see OnTexasFootball 4-star DL Dilan Battle. 

Battle, 6-2 and 295 pounds, spoke with Sarkisian at length February 1. 

"Coach Sark and I were talking about a lot of personal stuff," Battle told OnTexasFootball Wednesday. "He was interested in helping me with anything I need as a person. He knows my mom works a lot. If it's my grades or anything he can help me with personally, he said he would. Coach Sark told me Texas will always welcome me when it’s available to visit." 

Battle has not spoken with Kenny Baker since February 1, but the initial impression was a positive one. 

"I thought that he was about his business. He did coach in the NFL. He said I'm one of these guys he's looking for at the position at Texas. He told me they are still recruiting me heavy even though Coach Bo (Davis) left." 

Speaking of Bo Davis, Battle is set to make his first visit to LSU the weekend of March 9. It will be a big visit weekend for the Tigers, which includes Lufkin High 4-star DL Zion Williams

Battle attended one Texas game in 2023, the overtime win over Kansas State. 

Battle's spring visit plans

Along with the early March trip to LSU, the DFW area 4-star is set to visit Texas A&M April. After a trip to College Station, it may be a trip north and out west. 

“I’m trying to go to Notre Dame April 13 and California April 20. And maybe USC this spring too. 

Battle attended Junior Day's at SMU, TCU and Florida in January. The Gators offered at the Junior Day. His mom made that trip with him. 

Michigan could also remain a factor in the recruitment. His father lives in the Detroit area. 

View full news

Is Kenny Baker just been busy with the move to UT and watching film of prospects and learning PK scheme or something? 

seems pretty odd he hasn't talked to the one DL commit (Brown) and then hasn't talked to a big target like Battle in 2 weeks. 

i know it’s early in the cycle so not too worried, but I do find odd.

On 2/14/2024 at 6:00 PM, VeneHorn said:

Is Kenny Baker just been busy with the move to UT and watching film of prospects and learning PK scheme or something? 

seems pretty odd he hasn't talked to the one DL commit (Brown) and then hasn't talked to a big target like Battle in 2 weeks. 

i know it’s early in the cycle so not too worried, but I do find odd.

Agree.  Hopefully Sark is reaching out in the meantime.