Team Notes from Winter Workouts (February 16)

4 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

For those that may not know when Dubose committed ... I talked to a college head coach that recruited Dubose ... "Freak athlete that could be really good if he stays healthy and learns the position." 

I'm an interested observer.

I’ll be the first to say I didn’t like this offer. I’m an interested observer as well.

If Dubose can regain the athleticism he had prior to the injury he could be a nice player down the road has plenty speed and ability just needs to learn the position but i believe he can end up being one of the pieces of this class that we are fortunate to have

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I'll add this ... Trevor Goosby is said to be looking very good headed into spring practice. 

Connor Stroh continues to be on a good development curve at guard. 

Good to hear about Stroh moving forward! 6’7 365 is a great point to work from and I’d love to see him take a guard spot in 2025

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

For those that may not know when Dubose committed ... I talked to a college head coach that recruited Dubose ... "Freak athlete that could be really good if he stays healthy and learns the position." 

I'm an interested observer.

Normal human beings dont recover from an ACL to run the 400 at the state meet in 8 months

• Hook 'Em 5

22 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I'll add this ... Trevor Goosby is said to be looking very good headed into spring practice. 

Connor Stroh continues to be on a good development curve at guard. 

I don’t if it was you, but I remember someone saying (maybe Bobby) that Flood wants his OL to be 10 deep, and is already looking at preparing for good line of 2025.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, thatdude2 said:

I don’t if it was you, but I remember someone saying (maybe Bobby) that Flood wants his OL to be 10 deep, and is already looking at preparing for good line of 2025.

Texas definitely desires to develop 10 players they believe are starter level with the move to the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Texas definitely desires to develop 10 players they believe are starter level with the move to the SEC. 

We're probably at 7 now? 8 if Robertson is thought of as "starter level"? Next up: Goolsby and Stroh. Although Baker and Cruz may show up at that level.

What are we going to to with Agbo? He looked by the end of the year like he was down to about 280 lbs. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

We're probably at 7 now? 8 if Robertson is thought of as "starter level"? Next up: Goolsby and Stroh. Although Baker and Cruz may show up at that level.

What are we going to to with Agbo? He looked by the end of the year like he was down to about 280 lbs. 

Think Agbo is that same role ... jumbo TE and emergency OT. Tremendous feet. Haven't heard anything different, as of today. 

• Hook 'Em 1