Texas' Pursuit of Nation's No. 1 ATH

• Moderators

Real quick on the recruiting front of Alamo Heights 2025 ATH Michael Terry III:

Majority of schools are split at wide receiver and running back for where he fits in at the next level. Texas is still even trying to decipher what is the best fit for him. The message Terry is receiving most from schools is "get to campus and we will figure it out from there."

New programs in this recruitment include Oregon, TCU, Texas A&M and Nebraska. Texas is firmly in the mix as well.

Tashard Choice actually extended the first offer Michael Terry III received when he was in 8th grade. Choice offered when he was still at Georgia Tech. 

When I get back home, I will have a more detailed outlook on the recruitment posted up on the site. Biggest takeaway here is that things are pretty open going into the spring – much more so than coming out of the winter visit to Texas.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 9

Some players are so talented that their ultimate position is murky. I have no problem with the ‘get them on campus and figure out their position later’ avenue for a very few players. JT Sanders was a good example of that. I am one among many who believe he could have been a fantastic DE. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, goathumper said:

Terry lacks the stop/start ability and vision to play RB imo.  

His best shot in CFB is at WR and DB I think

This is where I’m leaning with Texas’ approach - probably best suited as a WR, though he doesn’t fit the mold we have seen Texas pursue at the WR position under Sarkisian. 

• Hook 'Em 8

His my school head coach is an old friend of mine. He says Michael can play about five positions and it appears he uses him in the "win the football game" position. Kind of like Jordan Whittington back at Cuero. Michael likes the "win the football game position".

• Hook 'Em 2

Michael Terry plays the BAMF position in football.  He can play RB, slot, WR, safety, nickel, CB, LB...I'd recruit him where he WANTS to be recruited at...then you never know where he wants to be when he gets here...I think WR is his best, but at safety he would be future All-Pro.

JMO

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, cmk4pres said:

He is a stud. I see safety next level 

I prefer him on defense. I am not sure if it Safety or LB. LB seems to be the highest upside. He is listed at 6'3" and 210. Seems like on of those athletes that you brign on campus and see where a proper S&C program takes his body. Reminds me of Jelani MCDonald, but a little larger. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, gus fleener said:

His my school head coach is an old friend of mine. He says Michael can play about five positions and it appears he uses him in the "win the football game" position. Kind of like Jordan Whittington back at Cuero. Michael likes the "win the football game position".

He scores a lot of TDs at various offensive position for Alamo Heights but I'd like to see Terry at safety next year. 

Feels like he could have his share of interceptions and bone jarring hits prowling over the middle. It could also gives Texas fans like us a potential look at his CFB position, ha

• Hook 'Em 1