Baseball- The good, the bad & the ugly

There are some basic rules in baseball.  Rule 1:  Strike One.   Your first or second pitch must be a good strike.  From that point the pitcher has the upper hand.  0-2 the hitter has the advantage for the AB.  In general, watching college baseball is difficult.  Too many pitchers refuse to throw a strike.  They get behind then shove it right down the pipe.  You will never be great at pitching until you are willing to throw Strike One.

Part of me wants to finger the coaches, but damn, every college game i watch is Ball, Ball, Ball, Foul, boom.....  It would also help the pitching if we turned a routine double play, caught a fly in the gap and blocked a few pitches in the dirt.   That crap is on the players.  Frankly, lasts weekend showed that our players couldn't handle the bright lites, not that they can't play.

9 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

We gave up 5 earned runs.  We dropped a routine fly ball that led to 2 runs.   This is against a team that's hitting .330 and scoring 10 runs a game on the year.   Not awful.   Average.  We have a bullpen full of jags.

Sure 

Hopefully this is just a bump in the road. Texas has been in Omaha 2 of the last 3 years and last year they made it to a super regional. I’m still fairly confident this team will improve and be a contender for the conference championship in a couple of months. 

1 hour ago, Jerry K said:

Hopefully this is just a bump in the road. Texas has been in Omaha 2 of the last 3 years and last year they made it to a super regional. I’m still fairly confident this team will improve and be a contender for the conference championship in a couple of months. 

Dont have the pitching to contend. I said before the season we were razor thin at quality arms and proving to be the case unfortunately 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Neil Leininger said:

The best part of Pierce taking over the pitching, he can no longer throw anyone else under the bus. He owns it.

He does. I was surprised when I heard he made that decision.