Kenny Baker was busy Tuesday: Four new offers (Wednesday 7:16 a.m. CST)

• Moderators

Kenny Baker was busy Tuesday: Four new offers

Texas defensive line coach Kenny Baker has begun the process of working to cast a national net in the 2025 cycle. 

When Baker was officially announced as defensive line coach January 30, there wasn't time to hit schools around the country and evaluate junior defensive linemen in person. Now that Baker is settled in and has had a number of recruiting/staff meetings, the evaluation process, new offers and work to get top targets on campus in March and April has begun. 

OnTexasFootball takes a Wednesday morning look at the four new offers made by the Longhorns Tuesday.

Tuesday offers
Stephon Shivers
, Humboldt (Tn.) High
6-3, 355
OnTexasFootball Ranking: 4-star

Texas offered: March 5
The recruitment: Has 17 offers with more than 25 on the way. Texas and LSU most recent offers. Tennessee and Georgia considered the top two headed into the spring. 

Jarquez Carter, Newberry (Fla.) High
6-2, 285

The recruitment: 32 offers with Florida State, Florida, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, Texas A&M, USC, Colorado, Minnesota, Washington and Indiana since January 1. Florida State, Alabama and Miami (Fla.) ahead of the pack. 

Derry Norris, Port Orange (Fla.) Spruce Creek
6-3, 270

The recruitment: 32 offers with official visits currently scheduled to Georgia Tech May 31-June 2, N.C. State June 7-9, Minnesota June 14-16 and Purdue June 21-23. Miami, Texas, Texas A&m and Missouri have offered in March, to date. 

Chace Sims, Richmond (Texas) Randle
6-3, 285

The recruitment: Will visit Texas April 6. Has May 17-19 official visit to SMU, and June 7-9 to TCU. Texas A&M OV likely June 21-23, replacing Texas Tech. 

Offers made in February
Myron Charles, DL, Port Charlotte (Fla.) High
6-4, 290
Texas offered: February 1
The recruitment: 28 offers with the three in state powers receiving plenty of mention led by Florida State. Made Junior Day visit to Miami March 27. A spring and June official visit to Texas are being discussed. 

Josiah Sharma, DL, Folsom (Calif.) High
6-5, 300

Texas offered: February 1
The recruitment: Former Washington pledge made a visit to Alabama in late January. Has an official visit scheduled to Utah June 14-16. Sharma used to live in Arlington, and has family living in the Austin area. 

Kevin Wynn, DL, Greensboro (Ga.) Greene County
6-3, 320
Texas offered: February 20 
The recruitment: Florida State, Georgia and Alabama lead the way with programs such as Florida, Texas, Auburn and N.C. State trying to make a push. 

Malik Autry, DL, Opelika (Al.) Opelika - *Auburn commitment 
6-5, 320
Texas offered: February 26
The recruitment: Texas working to get a spring or official visit. 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 8

Of those nationally recruited offers.... I think a good and realistic goal for Texas would be to get 6 of them on campus this spring, 3 or 4 to OV and one of them to sign. 

My favorite of these prospects are Shivers and Charles, but a lot of good players here. Sharma looks like he has a world of potential but has some long ties to the Bama staff

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, goathumper said:

Of those nationally recruited offers.... I think a good and realistic goal for Texas would be to get 6 of them on campus this spring, 3 or 4 to OV and one of them to sign. 

My favorite of these prospects are Shivers and Charles, but a lot of good players here. Sharma looks like he has a world of potential but has some long ties to the Bama staff

I'm assuming you're excluding Brandon Brown from this scenario. If I had to pick one I'd give me Wynn. Great flexibility for his size, culinary interests suggest he'll take nutrition and conditioning seriously and has already perfected the German Suplex. Would love Shavers or Charles though.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, John Moore said:

I'm assuming you're excluding Brandon Brown from this scenario. If I had to pick one I'd give me Wynn. Great flexibility for his size, culinary interests suggest he'll take nutrition and conditioning seriously and has already perfected the German Suplex. Would love Shavers or Charles though.

Yep, I count Brown as separate because hes committed. 

Shivers, Wynn and Charles are all great

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bpfire4 said:

Just now noticing the OTF rankings. How are y’all doing them? As Texas offers? Who’s involved? 🤘🏼

I'm going straight of off my opinion watching video and research. 

We will do more with them in the future too!

• Hook 'Em 4

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Hookem97 said:

A lot of big humans!!!! Love it Gerry! Hook'em. How many of those Tuesday offers do you think Texas will land? @Gerry Hamilton

No way to answer that right now. The OOS offers that have never been to campus are currently a 0% chance. See who Texas gets to campus, then the recruitments get real. And then it's who takes OV this summer. 

• Hook 'Em 4

35 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

No way to answer that right now. The OOS offers that have never been to campus are currently a 0% chance. See who Texas gets to campus, then the recruitments get real. And then it's who takes OV this summer. 

Let's see if the 40 acres can turn some heads. Hook'em!!!

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Kelvin D said:

I like his film a LOT!  He reminds me of Brandon Brown TFL and very strong.  Definitely top 4.  Besides being from Texas anymore data points that are in the longhorns favor?  

He likes the close to home ... really believe he will end up at Texas, Texas A&M or outside shot LSU or TCU

• Hook 'Em 3