Jonah WIlliams schedules visit to Texas (Wednesday 10:12 p.m. CST)

• Moderators

Jonah WIlliams schedules visit to Texas

Galveston (Texas) Ball 4-star safety Jonah Williams is scheduled to be back on the Forty Acres.

Williams, 6-3 and 205 pounds, told OnTexasFootball Wednesday night that he will make an unofficial visit April 6. That weekend is shaping up to look like a huge visit weekend with more than 10 4-star prospects scheduled to attend.

The two-sport star that is currently on the mound and in the outfield for the Ball High Tors baseball team told OTF he also plans to make an official visit to Texas in June as well. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian and safeties coach and area recruiter Blake Gideon are in constant contact with Williams and family. 

The Oklahoma Sooners are also a lock for a June official visit. Williams is also scheduled to make an official visit to Oregon May 17-19. 

Before those June OV's, Williams has a packed spring visit schedule that begin this weekend in Baton Rouge.

Jonah Williams Spring unofficial visit schedule

LSU - March 9

Texas - April 6

Texas A&M - April 13

A spring visit to Ohio State is also expected. 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

We know he doesn't want to play LB, but does he have a preference for WR or Safety?  This one seems like a Taylor Tatum feel at this point with OU baseball, unfortunately.  

Safety.

Oklahoma leads headed into the spring for sure. 

Long ways to go in the NIL game. Will be fun to follow. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

We know he doesn't want to play LB, but does he have a preference for WR or Safety?  This one seems like a Taylor Tatum feel at this point with OU baseball, unfortunately.  

Only difference with Tatum and Jonah Williams is this ... Texas wasn't making a push for Tatum at any point. 

Texas wants Jonah Williams!

• Hook 'Em 7

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, SpaceCityWrangler said:

Gerry can you rank these LB’ers… just your opinion.

Pettijohn

Barnes

Tagoa’i 

Cunningham 

Williams, J

Williams, A

I'm leaving Jonah Williams out of LB for now ... 

MIKE - Barnes then Pettijohn 

OLB - 1A Tagoa'i and 1B Pettijohn then Cunningham/Javar Thomas and Anthony Williams 

Pettijohn is a sure fire due because of his versatility. 

Elijah Barnes is interesting because he could end up 6-3, 250-255 one day ... he could be a guy that also rushes off the edge

If Texas gets two of three out of ... Pettijohn, Barnes and Tagoa'i, tremendous class no matter who the third or fourth would be. 

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

Well Texas has a baseball team, too.  But the reality is that football is a year-round participation and preparation sport now. The days of dual sport athletes are basically over.

Edited by Burnt Orange Horn

13 hours ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

Tatum and Peoples were no higher than 3rd on Choice's RB board.  In fact there was someone else who was #3, so fourth and fifth.

For me, Choice's RB board is the only one that matters.  Gibson was on a couple and Clark was not on any of the pundit's Top Ten RB boards.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I'm leaving Jonah Williams out of LB for now ... 

MIKE - Barnes then Pettijohn 

OLB - 1A Tagoa'i and 1B Pettijohn then Cunningham/Javar Thomas and Anthony Williams 

Pettijohn is a sure fire due because of his versatility. 

Elijah Barnes is interesting because he could end up 6-3, 250-255 one day ... he could be a guy that also rushes off the edge

If Texas gets two of three out of ... Pettijohn, Barnes and Tagoa'i, tremendous class no matter who the third or fourth would be. 

Tagoa’i plays super fast and amazingly under control.  Faster than Justin Williams if you ask me.  What the hell is he going to be when he’s north of 215 lbs.  My guess… a super bad ass. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, SpaceCityWrangler said:

Tagoa’i plays super fast and amazingly under control.  Faster than Justin Williams if you ask me.  What the hell is he going to be when he’s north of 215 lbs.  My guess… a super bad ass. 

Poor, poor mans Derrick Johnson if he maximizes IMO. He’s that level talent with snap anticipation, range, playing speed, physicality on contact, length, ability to drop in coverage etc…

• Hook 'Em 2