D Line coach hick up

3 minutes ago, Football Texas said:

Back to square one or stick with NFL. You had mentioned Zarnell Fitch at Tech before. UCF has a good coach as well in Kenny Martin for the D line.

Let’s see what Sark decides. Again, I don’t think he rushes decisions like this. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, David Edwards said:

We need someone who has ties to recruit either the SEC or our Texas high school teams. Of course, if we get a coach off Harbaugh's staff and we are able to compete in Big 10 country that would be a great asset.

Rodney Garner lots of SEC connections. The best DTs are mainly located in the old SEC area.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

I will say that retrieving a Dline appears to harder than at first glance.

I am surprised that the recruiting aspect and some loose ends weren’t already tied up with Wright. 

On the surface the Bo Davis departure left us by surprise.

It was surprising. The week before he said he was staying. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/23/2024 at 2:29 PM, BigSwingingD said:

One thing to keep in mind, NFL Coaches have very attractive pension benefits. It can be a tough pull. There is a former Texas QB that was an elite NFL special teams coach that l know well. He was approached during Mack's run. Pension kept him in place. 

Had no idea Vince was a ST coach 

• Haha 2