College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread

Portal doesn't close for another week.  Okpara hit in the last 24 hours.  At the very least, he creates a bigger pool of talented bigs to soak up the Tysonbucks, but I hope we at least put in a call.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bierce said:

Portal doesn't close for another week.  Okpara hit in the last 24 hours.  At the very least, he creates a bigger pool of talented bigs to soak up the Tysonbucks, but I hope we at least put in a call.

That's great! Haha

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, bierce said:

In case anyone in interested in what Okpara is doing, he's visiting Tennessee today.  I haven't read anything about other schools of interest or planned visits.

TY! That makes sense with Tennessee's losses, and his host family when he came to the states lives in Chattanooga

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Travis Richard said:

Gerry what’s your theory on who’s behind Trilly Donovan? (He predicted Pope to Texas)

Don't know 100%. Think it's a national guy that has to protect what he says with his real name on it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Payne committed to A&M.  Do we have anybody in mind if Garrison falls through?  I see we aren't included in the list of teams that reached out to Sean Stewart right after he entered the portal.  We aren't on Omoruyi's list of schools of interest.  Okpara is probably off to Tennessee.  I had hoped we could have added Cisse a couple of years ago, but I don't feel that way anymore.

16 hours ago, bierce said:

Payne committed to A&M.  Do we have anybody in mind if Garrison falls through?  I see we aren't included in the list of teams that reached out to Sean Stewart right after he entered the portal.  We aren't on Omoruyi's list of schools of interest.  Okpara is probably off to Tennessee.  I had hoped we could have added Cisse a couple of years ago, but I don't feel that way anymore.

I wonder if Braxton Meah will be the fall back at center.  He's from Fresno, so Terry was familiar with him in high school, and Terry offered him a spot at UTEP.  7'1" foul prone rebounder and high percentage finisher in the paint.  Liability at the free throw line but not as bad as Cisse or Payne.  Played starter minutes at U Dub in 2022-23 and split time with a transfer from Nebraska this year.

Edited by bierce

5 hours ago, bierce said:

I wonder if Braxton Meah will be the fall back at center.  He's from Fresno, so Terry was familiar with him in high school, and Terry offered him a spot at UTEP.  7'1" foul prone rebounder and high percentage finisher in the paint.  Liability at the free throw line but not as bad as Cisse or Payne.  Played starter minutes at U Dub in 2022-23 and split time with a transfer from Nebraska this year.

Mixed opinions on him, I have watched him play in person a few times in Seattle. He has some upside to tap into. Also, his free throw form is indeed awful.

26 minutes ago, Jackson Conner said:

Mixed opinions on him, I have watched him play in person a few times in Seattle. He has some upside to tap into. Also, his free throw form is indeed awful.

And I read something today about him being very close to the family of a UW assistant coach who is expected to take a job at a different school.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Neil Leininger said:

Earlier I said that this current roster really looks like that FF Miami team. Well, Omier would be further confirmation. He does have a DNC, so he's probably going to Arkansas.

Ark or Kentucky

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Neil Leininger said:

Earlier I said that this current roster really looks like that FF Miami team. Well, Omier would be further confirmation. He does have a DNC, so he's probably going to Arkansas.

Miami has run out of money. 

57 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

That would be a huge win for Pitino

I am thinking of bigs Arkansas will take that might keep Garrison from going there. Who cares about the pool table…. Ooops I mean Pitino. 

3 hours ago, Neil Leininger said:

Yeah, Pope reminds me a lot of Nijel Pack.