10 hours ago, Robert Gilbert said:

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/LongFormArticle/college-footballs-best-rb-rooms-entering-2024-spring-practice-ohio-state-penn-state-boast-prolific-duos-228534104/

While I feel that #9 is too low, they do have a point that no one in the UT RB room is a truly proven player. Yet. 

I’d say your 1-2 punch are both proven. Look what everybody said about the RB room in the preseason and first 2 weeks of the season. Some questioned if sark would have another 1k rusher and then brooks pops off and would’ve won the doak had he not gotten hurt . 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Robert Gilbert said:

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/LongFormArticle/college-footballs-best-rb-rooms-entering-2024-spring-practice-ohio-state-penn-state-boast-prolific-duos-228534104/

While I feel that #9 is too low, they do have a point that no one in the UT RB room is a truly proven player. Yet. 

This is also the same site that had Ohio st ranked ahead of Texas in terms of QB room

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

I’d say your 1-2 punch are both proven. Look what everybody said about the RB room in the preseason and first 2 weeks of the season. Some questioned if sark would have another 1k rusher and then brooks pops off and would’ve won the doak had he not gotten hurt . 

I’d say you proved my point. While I believe both Baxter and Blue are capable of rushing for 1,000+ yards (though not in the same season), neither has proven that they can last a full season as RB #1. 

I don’t know that I fundamentally disagree with the ranking. Could be higher, could be lower. I think Longhorn fans are overestimating the room somewhat actually. It’s not Bijan/Roschon level and Brooks is likely the first RB off the board.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

I don’t know that I fundamentally disagree with the ranking. Could be higher, could be lower. I think Longhorn fans are overestimating the room somewhat actually. It’s not Bijan/Roschon level and Brooks is likely the first RB off the board.

I just trust tashard choice and sark . I think if Baxter takes that next step he’s in for a special season. Development has been huge at the RB position the last few years and I just think it’ll continue to trend upwards

On 3/16/2024 at 3:19 PM, Texas fan in Georgia said:

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/16/texas-football-longhorns-college-running-back-rankings-2024-247sports/

247 has something against Texas position groups🧐 #9 is way too low for me. 

I have not really looked, but that seems right. There is talent in the room, but there is not a proven commodity in that room.