T’Vondre Sweat DWI Arrest

Thought this was fake news at first. https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/horns-report/tvondre-sweat-arrested-by-apd-faces-dwi-charge/
Unfortunate, that our young men across all these Universities just continue to make bad decisions when it comes to drinking and driving. After the issues at Georgia I was hoping that this wouldn’t occur within our own Longhorn Family. Thank God he’s okay and no one was harmed by his poor decision. Hope he learns and grows as a man once the aftershocks he’s surely going to experience after this conclude.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, T Bonilla said:

Thought this was fake news at first. https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/horns-report/tvondre-sweat-arrested-by-apd-faces-dwi-charge/
Unfortunate, that our young men across all these Universities just continue to make bad decisions when it comes to drinking and driving. After the issues at Georgia I was hoping that this wouldn’t occur within our own Longhorn Family. Thank God he’s okay and no one was harmed by his poor decision. Hope he learns and grows as a man once the aftershocks he’s surely going to experience after this conclude.

They are 18-22 year old men, they are going to make mistakes. You don’t think that’s bound to happen? It’s called life, learn from it and move on. This is why I find it extremely bizarre when other players from other teams make mistakes and many in our fan base throw stones, tabbing culture at X school as being bad or a coach that fosters it. Life happens, especially to college aged kids. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

They are 18-22 year old men, they are going to make mistakes. You don’t think that’s bound to happen? It’s called life, learn from it and move on. This is why I find it extremely bizarre when other players from other teams make mistakes and many in our fan base throw stones, tabbing culture at X school as being bad or a coach that fosters it. Life happens, especially to college aged kids. 

Age doesn’t matter, everyone makes mistakes. I’m definitely not in a place to cast stones and therefore will continue to hope these young men keep their focus straight and accomplish their goals without incident, especially those that can be prevented. On another note same subject, drinking and driving is not something to just throw to the side like a kid who stole candy from the store. The consequences of his actions could have turned out worse which is why I am thankful that he is safe and no one became a victim of gis poor choice. I’m sure he’s surrounded by a good support team and pray that God takes care of him and his family.

Edited by T Bonilla
Corrected grammatical error

59 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

They are 18-22 year old men, they are going to make mistakes.

This wasn't a mistake. Hopefully him costing himself millions will ensure he never decides to do it again. Driving drunk is the ultimate sign of narcissism.