Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Given the rise of the "SEC bias" sentiment based on the AP Poll's (terrible) rankings, I thought it would be a good exercise to see just how accurate this narrative was. I approached the poll like an academic study, including a methodology section (I am a JD not a PHD but figured it'd be an interesting experiment). For the study, I removed the ballots of every AP Poll voter who could be considered to have an SEC affiliation to see what the poll would look like without "SEC bias" having an impact. The only team from the SEC that moved down was Missouri, who went from ranked 25 to 27. Other SEC teams actually moved up in the rankings. I attached the study results and methodology as a word doc if anyone wants to share it. Feel free to use it however you'd like, but in the days of misinformation, I felt like facts could be beneficial. 

Analytical look at SEC Bias in the AP Poll.docx

  • Hook 'Em 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.