westx Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago If you didn't catch the youtube discussions, they were really good-I recommend checking them out. Two of them in particular from yesterday i thought hit the nail on the head. Special Teams: Conventional wisdom says that ST should either be neutral or win you a game here and there, but it should never lose you a game. I just can't wrap my head around how problematic our ST are. So many errors and costly mistakes. I still haven't heard of an explanation for Sark himself or anybody about how or if this issue will be addressed. I don't like the automatic "fire the coach" rhetoric, but I don't know what options there are. Sark is the CEO and I am also concerned he isn't addressing it coupled with the fact that Sark and Banks, I am guessing are friends. As incompetent as Banks has the ST currently (as I have mentioned-Charlie Strong level of ST incompetence), it is ultimately what standards Sark allows. Sark's offenses inability to handle the blitz. Unfortunately, there is history here, so I am not buying the "blame Arch" crowd and to a lesser extent, not blaming OL either. Jeff and CJ did a nice job on this subject. But, Sark's play calling: slow developing plays in the midst of the storm, Arch getting pressured and the receivers that are open-still not looking for the ball. Sark needs to give his offense a chance. Teams will continue to blitz and Texas will continue to fail on offense if this continues. Even SW TX ST and UTSA had success in overmatching the OL and getting pressure. Pretty frustrating considering we are supposed to have the top offensive mind in the nation-even though for the last 5 years we haven't had a top 10 scoring offense or total offense in YPG. The first one was Coffee and Football yesterday: Coach Shipley was a guest and he was asked about what he felt were one or two of his biggest concerns (paraphrasing). He had addressed it and Bobby and Gerry also weighed in. Really good discussion and I don't think I can summarize everything and put it in proper context-worth the time to watch it. The second video was with CJ and Jeff. It addressed specifically the blitzing. It was a fairly short video, but it addressed the glaring issues. Quote
Califashorn75 Posted 20 minutes ago Posted 20 minutes ago I enjoy Coach Shipley's perspective on things. He has forgotten more football than most but is very gracious with the other young prodigies. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.