East Carolina
Arkansas
Oregon State
Clemson
Virginia
North Carolina
Texas A&M
Georgia

Again, I fully expect Texas to land in College Station. We will find out tomorrow at 11:00 AM CST.

Host sites are announced at 7:30 Sunday night, with seeding announced Monday at 11:00 AM.

I fully expect the Longhorns to be a No. 2 seed. I’m also projecting them to head to College Station, as the Aggies will most definitely be hosting. 

This will be the Horns 63rd postseason appearance overall, which is more than any other school in the nation.

We will update this thread with information when it becomes available.  

• Hook 'Em 6

• Moderators

The following schools will host:

Arizona
Florida State
Oklahoma State
UC Santa Barbara
North Carolina State
Oklahoma
Kentucky
Tennessee
East Carolina
Arkansas
Oregon State
Clemson
Virginia
North Carolina
Texas A&M
Georgia

• Blake Munroe changed the title to NCAA Baseball Tournament Seeding: Texas to College Station Regional
  • Moderators

Texas got the No. 3 seed in that regional and will face Louisiana first.

Some other thoughts:

- Holy crap at the Arizona regional. I wouldn't want to be any team in it, as they're all capable of knocking each other out. Arizona, West Virginia, Dallas Baptist and Grand Canyon University. All four are teams that can beat anyone on any given day when healthy.

- Oklahoma's regional is pretty tough, as they draw Duke. The Blue Devils probably should have hosted a regional of their own. They might be out for blood.

- Florida State also has a tough one, with Alabama, UCF and Wofford.

- I wouldn't be surprised if the No. 2 seed prevails in both the UNC, ECU, Clemson regionals. Tough draw for those Carolina schools, getting LSU, Wake Forest and Vandy.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

Blake, do you believe NCAA tournament performance could be the deciding factor in DP keeping  his job? Is it just me or does he just seem like a bad fit at Texas? Spoke to a baseball guy recently who indicated that toxicity within a program is directly related to assistant coach retention. Thoughts?

Edited by rocketman

6 minutes ago, Adam Lane said:

Ugh!  Payback time for softball loss for the sheep lovers....

There’s a pretty good chance we won’t even play aggy in this regional.  If we lose to Louisiana (they’re the #2 seed and a really good team), we probably face Grambling in the losers bracket.  A win against Grambling and we like face Louisiana again in the elimination game (with our #3 starter on the bump…LBJ).

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, cmk4pres said:

Embarrassing to be a 3 seed in aggyville but that's what we earned. We need change 

Don't really see CDC standing pat with Texas going into the SEC. He knows what he has and might already have a plan. If you are currently a coach at Texas you better be winning at a high level. And most of the sports have been. NIL is a big ingredient for SEC baseball teams. Hard to generate dollars with a coach who is not well thought of.

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Don't really see CDC standing pat with Texas going into the SEC. He knows what he has and might already have a plan. If you are currently a coach at Texas you better be winning at a high level. And most of the sports have been. NIL is a big ingredient for SEC baseball teams. Hard to generate dollars with a coach who is not well thought of.

I hope you are right and 10000000% agree. This program has become stale. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Glass Joe said:

There’s a pretty good chance we won’t even play aggy in this regional.  If we lose to Louisiana (they’re the #2 seed and a really good team), we probably face Grambling in the losers bracket.  A win against Grambling and we like face Louisiana again in the elimination game (with our #3 starter on the bump…LBJ).

Very possible

CDC is a master at making all the things happen behind the scenes before he shows his hand.  It's like he's playing chess, he's got the next 10 moves already lined up before me actually makes a move.

When it's time for him to make a change on the baseball coach. I'm fairly confident it will be swift and a replacement announcement within days if not hours.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, HookemTexas said:

CDC is a master at making all the things happen behind the scenes before he shows his hand.  It's like he's playing chess, he's got the next 10 moves already lined up before me actually makes a move.

When it's time for him to make a change on the baseball coach. I'm fairly confident it will be swift and a replacement announcement within days if not hours.

Hopefully the replacement is in the CWS, so let's be patient.

Posted (edited)

"This is a team that can beat anyone in the country and a team that can be embarrassed by anyone in the country..." - David Pierce, 5/27/2024

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by horns96
  • Hook 'Em 1