On Texas Football app

Is there any way to force the download of the OTF app?  The app is flaky on my Samsung Galaxy 10+ and deletes itself on the regular.

When it happens, I go back to a browser and eventually (after a LOT of browser activity) it offers an opportunity to download the app.  This cycle has happened at least 6 to 8 times.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a way to force a download of the app?  I also use the Shaggy Bevo app.which seems to be very similar to the OTF app, but the SB app has never deleted itself like the OTF app has.

25 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

App? Didn’t even realize there is one.

Exactly.  The only way you know it is that at some random time when you jump on the site, a popup appears with the option to download the app.  I do it whenever it asks and use the app until it commits suicide at some point and disappears from the phone.  This cycle has repeated itself multiple times.

I can't find anywhere in the site, my account, etc. where you can force a download.  It isn't an option in Google Play either.  It's a bit annoying.

27 minutes ago, HookemDTX said:

OTF does NOT have an app. On3 does have an app, but you get apps from Google. Play or The App Store. You have to be confusing the two sites.

No, that's not correct.  I've installed and used the app.  You get it from a popup that can appear on occasion when you access the site through a browser (I use Brave).  It offers you the opportunity to install the app and asks if you want to add it to the home screen.  The app is not available on GPlay.

7 hours ago, southpaw said:

No, that's not correct.  I've installed and used the app.  You get it from a popup that can appear on occasion when you access the site through a browser (I use Brave).  It offers you the opportunity to install the app and asks if you want to add it to the home screen.  The app is not available on GPlay.

The app isn’t listed in the App Store. I created a shortcut and put it on my phone though. 

3 hours ago, UTexas said:

The app isn’t listed in the App Store. I created a shortcut and put it on my phone though. 

Yeah, maybe it was a shortcut offered by the website.  Although it didn't seem behave like Brave and it didn't have the browser icon tied to the OTF logo like the shortcut I created manually.