Behind enemy lines

I live in College Station and work mostly with Aggies. It's not ideal but it pays the bills. Thought I would start a post and add color on the local sentiment in the area. Recent activity:

Aggies are very pumped about making the mens baseball championship. They are very aware that in their lifetime this is the first time something like this has happened. Like really really aware. If anyone thinks the baseball coach is leaving for Austin he will have to walk through a wall of money to do so.

The aggs who got removed from the CWS for talking about the Florida batboy who passed away have been excommunicated. I've heard the locals defend some pretty rough stuff but thankfully folks seem to agree that crossed a line.

Lastly the university put up a juneteenth celebratory post that had to have comments removed. To say the least, social media followers of the university were not especially high on a holiday that marks the end of chattel slavery in America.

Regards, your correspondent in College Station.

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jonbailey said:

I live in College Station and work mostly with Aggies. It's not ideal but it pays the bills. Thought I would start a post and add color on the local sentiment in the area. Recent activity:

Aggies are very pumped about making the mens baseball championship. They are very aware that in their lifetime this is the first time something like this has happened. Like really really aware. If anyone thinks the baseball coach is leaving for Austin he will have to walk through a wall of money to do so.

The aggs who got removed from the CWS for talking about the Florida batboy who passed away have been excommunicated. I've heard the locals defend some pretty rough stuff but thankfully folks seem to agree that crossed a line.

Lastly the university put up a juneteenth celebratory post that had to have comments removed. To say the least, social media followers of the university were not especially high on a holiday that marks the end of chattel slavery in America.

Regards, your correspondent in College Station.

After the personal misadventures of Herman and Beard, I doubt that compliance would be excited for Schlossnagle to end up here.

17 hours ago, horns96 said:

Please ask them about the bubbles.

Apparently it started as joke between players where they would say "Whammy" after a homerun. A player added bubbles to the dugout celebration and soon fans were doing it after every run.  They think it's really cool.

Like most aggie traditions, some random guy did a thing and the next guy did it too so it became a tradition. From my experience, aggies really like traditions and dream of being the guy who starts one.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, jonbailey said:

Apparently it started as joke between players where they would say "Whammy" after a homerun. A player added bubbles to the dugout celebration and soon fans were doing it after every run.  They think it's really cool.

Like most aggie traditions, some random guy did a thing and the next guy did it too so it became a tradition. From my experience, aggies really like traditions and dream of being the guy who starts one.

Hump it Aggies, hump it. Just one guy doing a thing to another guy…

• Haha 1

The vibes are incredibly low in College Station currently. Doom and gloom is the order of the day. 

It's not quite the same feeling as coming up short, more "we are never gonna get there". Lots of talk about losing their coach to Texas and undoing all the progress in that sport. 

The  potential of losing the coach is crushing a lot of spirits. Last week it was impossible for Texas to lure away Schlossnagle, now it seems almost inevitable.  Big brother once again taking your favorite toy. 

• Hook 'Em 1