Monday Baseball Update (4:20 PM)

One the HC from tonight’s CWS finals. What’s everyone ‘s guess?

Vitello for me, much younger and relatable to today’s players. Vitello is very passionate intense coach that Texas needs in SEC.

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

The first domino has fallen with the firing of David Pierce, which we reported would happen a few weeks ago. 

Here’s what I can say: 

- CDC wouldn’t have announced the firing of Pierce today unless this (the hiring of a new coach) was already a done deal. Both @Gerry Hamilton and I expect that to be the case.

- I heard Texas had two main candidates and it was basically 1A, 1B. You couldn’t go wrong with either name. 

- With that said, usually where there’s smoke there’s fire. As I reported the other day, there’s been A LOT of smoke around one candidate in particular. 

- I’ve had a few people float some financial numbers my way and let’s just say the Longhorns will most likely be setting the gold standard when it comes to college baseball salaries for a good while.

-  @CJ Vogel and I have been talking throughout the day and we both have heard this saga will come to an end very, very soon. We’ve heard around the same timeline from talking to different people. I’d expect this to be wrapped up no later than Friday… and I don’t think it will even take that long. 

With only a week left in the portal window it needs to happen fast. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators

Sit back and enjoy the game tonight fellas. Going to be a good one.  Two games in the books. Two great coaches going at it, playing for all the marbles. Two of the best minds in college baseball. Two really talented teams. Tonight we'll see who's the best (and who has a little luck on their side). Truly is a 1A, 1B type situation on who's the most talented team.

• Hook 'Em 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

28 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

Sit back and enjoy the game tonight fellas. Going to be a good one.  Two games in the books. Two great coaches going at it, playing for all the marbles. Two of the best minds in college baseball. Two really talented teams. Tonight we'll see who's the best (and who has a little luck on their side). Truly is a 1A, 1B type situation on who's the most talented team.

I FOR SURE see what you did there, Blake! 😂

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

By done deal ... the firing of Pierce isn't announced unless there is contract signed by the new hire already. It's 100% done. 

I’m in no way saying you’re wrong, but can a contract be signed if the coach is still coaching elsewhere? 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Pocono longhorn said:

100% a coach from tonights game.

Only reason I wouldn’t know if that is the case the said and multiple people have said they have agreed on a contract already 

is that possible if the coach is still coaching in the championship game? 

35 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

iswydt

• Hook 'Em 1