Trev Alberts Skeletons

17 minutes ago, ArchMania said:

Coming home to roost. Aggies got their man. Nebraska buddy sent this Mike Farrell article to me. They believe he has some upcomings. 
https://mikefarrellsports.com/college/karma-pays-trev-alberts-an-early-visit-in-aggieland

Just read this a few minutes ago. Trev Alberts reminds me a lot of Steve Patterson in how he does business. When SP was AD at Texas he told both the men's and women's tennis coaches that there was no money to build and replace the recently demolished  facilities. Both teams would have to play at alternative venues and raise the money to replace it. Truth was the money was already set aside to build a new facility. As history records, Steve didn't last long. Construction on the tennis center just over the left field wall from DF Field began soon after he exited. 

One thing for sure, if you don't trust and respect your boss you will be looking for an exit strategy. Texas came open and JS walked out the door.   As for Trev, the clock is ticking.

• Hook 'Em 6

31 minutes ago, rocketman said:

Just read this a few minutes ago. Trev Alberts reminds me a lot of Steve Patterson in how he does business. When SP was AD at Texas he told both the men's and women's tennis coaches that there was no money to build and replace the recently demolished  facilities. Both teams would have to play at alternative venues and raise the money to replace it. Truth was the money was already set aside to build a new facility. As history records, Steve didn't last long. Construction on the tennis center just over the left field wall from DF Field began soon after he exited. 

One thing for sure, if you don't trust and respect your boss you will be looking for an exit strategy. Texas came open and JS walked out the door.   As for Trev, the clock is ticking.

Thx for sharing I knew SP was a d*ck as AG but didn’t realize he was that petty. Alberts is being the same at Nebraska & now aTm. Waiting for the next shoe to drop. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Jesus that is some awful article 

Nebraska is so irrelevant, and I know zero graduates, so I never think about them.   If this was at Michigan or ND I would have know all of this.  Thanks for posting 

• Hook 'Em 1

His primary qualification when he was hired by A&M - a demonstrated hate of UT.

FAFO, Trev 🤘

(for the youngs, Trev's tenure at ESPN followed Mack Brown effectively ending the relevance of Nebraska's football program at the turn of the century)

Edited by horns96
  • Hook 'Em 2

Mike Farrell is a washed-up Texas hater from way back. He’s on Full Ride every week and pushes constant hearsay and Internet rumors as his own scoop and facts. 

He’s hired a few clickbait drivers and they’ve already posted multiple trash articles about Texas. The writer you’re lauding here wrote those articles and considers himself a professional gambler. Classy guy. You can check the trashy articles for yourself if you like on that same garbage heap site that you linked for us.

There’s nothing in that link but stuff from Albert’s’ wikipedia page, dirty laundry about the Schlossnagle hire and the writers’ own potshots about Alberts as a person. I’m no Alberts fan, but that article is trash, as is the scumbag who wrote it and his employer. Linking to that gives them money and clicks and works against Texas on the Internet. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rocketman said:

Patterson was a dick.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but ol' Trev confirmed to the Houston Chron that he knew Schloss was leaving before the CWS.

As the Aggies advanced in the postseason, Alberts sensed something was amiss and met with Schlossnagle. “I said, ‘Are you frustrated? Is there anything I can do?’” Alberts said, according to the Houston Chronicle. “And at the end of the conversation I said, ‘Jim, if you’re not happy here and you want to leave, that’s OK. But please don’t hurt our program and don’t hurt our kids.’ That’s what I said.

• Hook 'Em 1