Texas Baseball Staff Update (Saturday 12:38 PM)

• Moderators

I can’t get into specifics just yet, but expect a big time announcement from Texas in the coming days as they continue to fill the staff under new HC Jim Schlossnagle. 

This will be an off the field role, but a major one, and one that will make Longhorn fans very happy. 

As soon as we are allowed to release it, we will. But I’m beyond thrilled with this hire. 

• Hook 'Em 31
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

As soon as we are allowed to release it, we will. But I’m beyond thrilled with this hire. 

Interesting that Michael Early is part of the Texas staff but the only one not to change his twitter to Texas.

Apparently he interviewed with the ags for the HC position but also rumored to be hired as AHC by a new coach in an attempt by the aggies to keep players from transferring.

His twitter page as of 4pm today shows that he is hitting coach for the aggies. 

I hope he is not recruiting for the aggies while employed by Texas. I’m sure the ags would be ok with that.

https://x.com/earleybaseball?s=11&t=EfVYARFavz4bjn9zglBDrQ

Edited by marathon
  • Haha 1

The Michael Early news I posted may also help explain why Kendall Rogers tweeted..…“On another note, I've been told A&M has a very solid shot to keep almost every player in the portal. We shall see.”

Edited by marathon

46 minutes ago, marathon said:

Interesting that Michael Early is part of the Texas staff but the only one not to change his twitter to Texas.

Apparently he interviewed with the ags for the HC position but also rumored to be hired as AHC by a new coach in an attempt by the aggies to keep players from transferring.

His twitter page as of 4pm today shows that he is hitting coach for the aggies. 

I hope he is not recruiting for the aggies while employed by Texas. I’m sure the ags would be ok with that.

https://x.com/earleybaseball?s=11&t=EfVYARFavz4bjn9zglBDrQ

When was the last time he tweeted?

Seems clear we are a safety net for Earley, and he’d prefer east texas. Going to be interesting if he is willing to accept or (even be offered) a lesser role with a new HC. You’d think he can’t truly be ready to be a major HC. And then no new HC really wants to be forced to hire him to their staff. 

Kind of a let down that if he stays it will be as a captive of circumstance. Tough spot for him at the moment and I feel for the guy. All good options in the end but a whirlwind I’m sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I know nothing but will predict the Ags get a new HC that’s willing to take in Earley. Ags save face and claim a win. We get way fewer atm transfers than were alluded to, and all will settle into the new normal. Schloss will be a “snake” forever to atm and we’ll all roll our eyes at the hyperbole of ags about losing a coach who’s only real sin was handling a question poorly at a press conference. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hornito said:

Seems clear we are a safety net for Earley, and he’d prefer east texas. Going to be interesting if he is willing to accept or (even be offered) a lesser role with a new HC. You’d think he can’t truly be ready to be a major HC. And then no new HC really wants to be forced to hire him to their staff. 

Kind of a let down that if he stays it will be as a captive of circumstance. Tough spot for him at the moment and I feel for the guy. All good options in the end but a whirlwind I’m sure. 

Nice that Coach Schloss brought him along to make sure he had a job while also allowing him to continue to pursue the A&M job.

Not sure how long he will give him to make up his mind.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Can the wives in this thread give their computers back to their husbands? This is f*cking embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, marathon said:

Nice that Coach Schloss brought him along to make sure he had a job while also allowing him to continue to pursue the A&M job.

Not sure how long he will give him to make up his mind.

For all the talk about Schloss not being 100% in during the playoffs and distracted, I think you could argue that knowing he was leaving took some pressure off and *could* have helped the Ags.
Both Schloss and atm went farther than either has ever gone before, they beat Texas, they played loose and confident. Great run. You never know if Schloss would’ve been tight, rushed pitching changes, been too aggressive on the bases, made the players nervous with his worry about the hot seat if they lost before Omaha. I mean who knows.. you can’t know if they might have been better off with a relaxed coach who was happy about his future 

• Hook 'Em 1