CB Dorian Brew Commits to Oregon

Y’all are funny. You want real time insider info, get it but can’t handle the ride. Why? The mods are sharing where immature teens are in a process that aren’t even fully in control of their decision. From parents, to uncles, to community pressure, these kids are faced with a lot so what they want and what they’ll do are in constant conflict. I think we are aggie like in way over hyping the sec but one thing we all have to get is that sec recruiting is just different. Always been this way just under the table. That’s why folks couldn’t wait to for dumba$$ aggie to open Texas up for the pilfering to begin. It may change but Texas has never had an atm or Oregon mentality about buying players. I’m not naive to say we didn’t participate but not like the sec.

Teams were seeing how potent an aligned and above board Texas is and have counter punched with the only thing most teams can: money. 
We’ll counterpunch as well with strategy and patience so that we win the war not a year one battle in the sec

Maybe some of yall are manscaping too closely…😉

Chill out, you got what you wanted in the sec so now adjust yourselves accordingly. We’re getting “losses” in fights that we haven’t even been in for a long time. Process that. 

🤘🏽

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Thanos72 said:

Y’all are funny. You want real time insider info, get it but can’t handle the ride. Why? The mods are sharing where immature teens are in a process that aren’t even fully in control of their decision. From parents, to uncles, to community pressure, these kids are faced with a lot so what they want and what they’ll do are in constant conflict. I think we are aggie like in way over hyping the sec but one thing we all have to get is that sec recruiting is just different. Always been this way just under the table. That’s why folks couldn’t wait to for dumba$$ aggie to open Texas up for the pilfering to begin. It may change but Texas has never had an atm or Oregon mentality about buying players. I’m not naive to say we didn’t participate but not like the sec.

Teams were seeing how potent an aligned and above board Texas is and have counter punched with the only thing most teams can: money. 
We’ll counterpunch as well with strategy and patience so that we win the war not a year one battle in the sec

Maybe some of yall are manscaping too closely…😉

Chill out, you got what you wanted in the sec so now adjust yourselves accordingly. We’re getting “losses” in fights that we haven’t even been in for a long time. Process that. 

🤘🏽

Chill nothing. You can't get caught off guard. You think Henry Kissinger was ever caught off guard by the Soviets, Chinese or anyone else? Hell no. Guy had it down to the period, including threating the Soviet Union with nuclear destruction in October 1973 . That's what we gotta have. There ain't no second place finish here. It's true no one player is the end all be all (despite what our guys say about it), but you can't get your ass whipped by a second class state over and over without suffering down the road.

9 hours ago, harveycmd said:

Chill nothing. You can't get caught off guard. You think Henry Kissinger was ever caught off guard by the Soviets, Chinese or anyone else? Hell no. Guy had it down to the period, including threating the Soviet Union with nuclear destruction in October 1973 . That's what we gotta have. There ain't no second place finish here. It's true no one player is the end all be all (despite what our guys say about it), but you can't get your ass whipped by a second class state over and over without suffering down the road.

Firstly, these are silly and unserious comparisons. 

Secondly, our true BMDs didn’t make generational money without intelligence and probably crossing a line or 2. We don’t have Boy Scouts selling lemonade at a beer stand. No high school kid is worth a silly market setting. There is almost always a suitable replacement. This is high stakes chicken and several schools are probably setting their locker room up for failure. 

I just don’t see how Sark won’t figure it out but maybe not on harveycmd’s time frame.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/30/2024 at 6:08 AM, Gerry Hamilton said:

Unless something happens with the two 5-star WR’s combined with a few other 4-star level additions … Texas will be inside the top 10 …

Now filling all the needs prior to the start of the season, that’s not happening. 

I feel good that Sark will finish strong and have a Top 5 class, but recent events certainly haven’t helped in that regard.  If we want to create a dynasty we need to stack the firewood like Saban and Smart.  Sark is in the neighborhood, but it’s going to take a good bit more work to be knocking on the front door. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, K. Baughman said:

As much as I would like to agree with you I don’t see a top 5 recruiting class.

To be fair, last years class wasn’t top 5, it was 6th. This year definitely won’t be top 5. Feels 10-15 may be more accurate or realistic imo too many misses to overcome at this point. 

Edited by TexasLonghorns

41 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

To be fair, last years class wasn’t top 5, it was 6th. This year definitely won’t be top 5. Feels 10-15 may be more accurate or realistic imo too many misses to overcome at this point. 

Top 15 sounds about right to me.

• Hook 'Em 1