Beating it to death

Only doing this bc I find myself extremely bored on this Friday afternoon.  I’ve consumed way more of this DK Moore stuff than I normally should/would have and that includes tidbits from this site, IT and OB.  One thing seems clear, there is no “good” explanation for what happened.  That said, here is what I’ve gathered. 

DK was committed to Texas (“silently”)

He wasn’t even going to take the Oregon OV

It was always thought, from the beginning, that it would be Texas. 

Texas either matched or had the best NIL deal of anyone. 

the idea of doing his own thing wasn’t his own

he was planning to commit in August, until recently. 

To me, who admittedly knows nothing, what all of this means is that this was a bit knee jerky on DK’s part.  Unless he’s burned the bridge with Texas, which has been implied elsewhere, I don’t think this one’s over in spite of what has been said on this site and maybe from the player.  How can the LSU decision be considered an emotional one resulting from his admiration for OBJ but the Oregon commitment not be that when they weren’t even under consideration one week prior. If this was a money whip situation I could see it, but that apparently is not the case.  It’s always been Texas and the fact that he got sold some fairy tale to “be different”, which may temporarily distract him, it stands to reason there’s a good chance the kid comes back around. 

family, arch, sark, proven NFL track record, NIL.  Too many things in Texas favor here.  Wouldn’t be the first time a kid decommitted more than once.  Just my opinion and if nothing else, killed 2 minutes of my unproductive day. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Orngblud05 said:

Only doing this bc I find myself extremely bored on this Friday afternoon.  I’ve consumed way more of this DK Moore stuff than I normally should/would have and that includes tidbits from this site, IT and OB.  One thing seems clear, there is no “good” explanation for what happened.  That said, here is what I’ve gathered. 

To me, who admittedly knows nothing, what all of this means is that this was a bit knee jerky on DK’s part.  Unless he’s burned the bridge with Texas, which has been implied elsewhere, I don’t think this one’s over in spite of what has been said on this site and maybe from the player.  How can the LSU decision be considered an emotional one resulting from his admiration for OBJ but the Oregon commitment not be that when they weren’t even under consideration one week prior. If this was a money whip situation I could see it, but that apparently is not the case.  It’s always been Texas and the fact that he got sold some fairy tale to “be different”, which may temporarily distract him, it stands to reason there’s a good chance the kid comes back around. 

family, arch, sark, proven NFL track record, NIL.  Too many things in Texas favor here.  Wouldn’t be the first time a kid decommitted more than once.  Just my opinion and if nothing else, killed 2 minutes of my unproductive day. 

He’s not going to decommit twice because of two reasons.

1. Oregon offered 1.3 Million a Year. A YEAR.

2. I don’t Think and mods from other sites don’t think Texas will still pursue him after he didn’t even tell Texas his decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

nah let him play up there.  if he needs this much attention then he isn’t a fit and good riddance.   i’m more bummed about the dl and lb recruiting.  we aren’t recruiting those positions like a team that was 12 yards away from going to the national title game.  

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Orngblud05 said:

wide receiver isn’t a need we can grab a star or two in the portal ever year.  

1 hour ago, BigPickleTexas said:

He’s not going to decommit twice because of two reasons.

1. Oregon offered 1.3 Million a Year. A YEAR.

2. I don’t Think and mods from other sites don’t think Texas will still pursue him after he didn’t even tell Texas his decision. 

I believe his mother said it wasn’t that much and according to most sites, UT matched or exceeded Oregon’s NIL offer. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Robert Gilbert said:

I believe his mother said it wasn’t that much and according to most sites, UT matched or exceeded Oregon’s NIL offer. 

Not what IT said they said 1.3 and Justin was VERY close with DK

But ima stick with Gerry and Cj and say your right.

Edited by BigPickleTexas

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Robert Gilbert said:

I don't believe his mother for a minute.  She's shilling for the kid to try to get their lie to stick.

Edited by southpaw
  • Hook 'Em 2

If you must go somewhere to "be your own man," then you ain't your own man. What we found out is that DK ain't no Kobe, i.e. he doesn't have the true killer instinct or mentality. Kobe didn't need to go somewhere to be his own man. He went to the Lakers and literally took over from Shaq, who was the most dominant force you could possibly imagine at the time. Everyone was trying to keep him from taking over, but he did anyway. That's being your own man, not going to BFE to get away from something. Let it go. Wingo will be better. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

By the way, this stuff that has recently happened in recruiting makes me like Sark more. Until this, I thought he was kind of riding the wave of happenstance, but that ain't the case. He could pay up and make it happen. But he knows you can't give a high school recruit who has never played a down in big league college football more than your current top guys without screwing up the locker room. Man has balls of steel. He's saying these seventeen year olds ain't nothing to him. He's right. Arch is more important than all these guys put together times ten. 

Edited by harveycmd

On 7/5/2024 at 3:28 PM, Orngblud05 said:

In the words of coach Choice:  Texas is not for everyone.  
despite NIL, great program all around, best AD in the nation…sometimes a kid just wants to go somewhere far from home.

Oregon sold him the yellow brick road and he bought what they were selling.  

finally—these young kids owe no loyalty to any coach, team or program.  Theyand their managers are going to figure what’s in their best interest and go with that.

time to move on from DK Moore.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's any coincidence that Sark's X account tweeted - "THE PRIDE AND WINNING TRADITION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS WILL NOT BE ENTRUSTED TO THE WEAK OR TIMID" this weekend.

I think the Duncanville kid burned that bridge. Good luck to his family, they seem like good people.

Edited by horns96
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm thinking this looks a lot like Evan Stewart 2.0.  How did that work out?  Did we survive that loss?

If we get both Ffrench and Lockett I'll be very satisfied with WR recruiting.  If we get just one of them plus a couple other talented guys ranked lower on our offer list we'll be OK.  If we miss on both Ffrench AND Lockett then it's time to panic.

• Hook 'Em 1