What’s the coolest piece of sports memorabilia you own?

• Moderators

Doesn’t have to be Longhorns related, but what’s the coolest piece of sports memorabilia you own? I figure some of you guys (or gals) have to have some pretty sweet stuff. 

I’ll start. I have a ton, but this might be my crown jewel. This isn’t a print. This is authenticated and signed by:

Willie Mays, Reggie Jackson, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Willie McCovey, Mike Schmidt, Harmon Killebrew, Ernie Banks, Frank Robinson and Eddie Mathews. 

IMG_7067.thumb.jpeg.e9b1923411cf04fa79cf1fd2dd280306.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 13

I kept a full scorecard in the cheap seats at Randy Johnson’s perfect game in Atlanta. I think I still have that somewhere (along with my game ticket). It was actually the second perfect game I got to see, after Kenny Rogers’ in Arlington.

1 hour ago, Blake Munroe said:

Doesn’t have to be Longhorns related, but what’s the coolest piece of sports memorabilia you own? I figure some of you guys (or gals) have to have some pretty sweet stuff. 

I’ll start. I have a ton, but this might be my crown jewel. This isn’t a print. This is authenticated and signed by:

Willie Mays, Reggie Jackson, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Willie McCovey, Mike Schmidt, Harmon Killebrew, Ernie Banks, Frank Robinson and Eddie Mathews. 

That is crazy. I'd be afraid to put it on the wall, but I guess it's not worth anything if you can't share it.

2 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

That is SWEEEEEEEETTTT!! No memorabilia for me really. My wife gave me a ball with my 2 month old son’s hand print on it for Father’s Day this year 🥺. I also have my first glove that I bought at Rooster Andrews in 1989 that was signed by Roger Luce, he was my hero along with Brooks Kieschnick, Clay King, Kirk Dressendorfer, Shane Reynolds, and Scottie Bryant in that era!!

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a signed jersey from Earl that is personalized to me. I live in Tyler and my father-in-law is close with him! I have it stored in my parents house until I get my man cave together eventually. 

Edited by TylerHornFan

12 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

That's really cool. 

I have mantle signed ball as well as Nolan.

i have Landry and Roger S signed photo and framed.

DKR signed and framed classic picture at the chalkboard talking to the team with Nobis in it. Gave it to my dad.

Ricky signed jersey 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

You can send that it to JSA to validate all the signatures are the original signatures. I am sure they are real, but they do offer that service if you want it. 

12 hours ago, Chinadoll10 said:

I have zero sports memorabilia but have always wanted a wall of signed longhorn jerseys. A qb wall of colt, Vince, Quinn, and arch would be a nice start. 

Check out Dallas sports card show. Colt was signing last time as was Shipley. You can buy a jersey or hat there or bring your own. I have seen Ricky Williams there too. Vince has been there, but sometimes he doesn’t show up

• Hook 'Em 1

I have quite a few signed memorabilia items. Mostly Longhorn and Cowboy but I do have others like my pic of Kenneth Hall, the one time leader in HS rushing and TDs. However, this is probably one of my favorites.  Not a great picture but acceptable.

IMG_0694.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, TylerHornFan said:

I have a signed jersey from Earl that is personalized to me. I live in Tyler and my father-in-law is close with him! I have it stored in my parents house until I get my man cave together eventually. 

That's awesome.  I grew up in Tyler and have a signed picture of 10 year old me with Earl and his heisman trophy.  Was able to his house for his birthday party and interview him for an elementary project I was doing.  I can still remember how nervous I was

• Moderators
23 hours ago, dentonhorn said:

Probably the baseball signed by Pete Rose. 

That’s awesome!

22 hours ago, Chinadoll10 said:

I have zero sports memorabilia but have always wanted a wall of signed longhorn jerseys. A qb wall of colt, Vince, Quinn, and arch would be a nice start. 

No time like the present. Get it going! You can get some certified stuff on eBay that’s pretty nice for sure. 

22 hours ago, AndyLufkin said:

I kept a full scorecard in the cheap seats at Randy Johnson’s perfect game in Atlanta. I think I still have that somewhere (along with my game ticket). It was actually the second perfect game I got to see, after Kenny Rogers’ in Arlington.

@CJ Vogel and I were talking about RJ the other day. That’s pretty cool. You should frame them both!

22 hours ago, AndyLufkin said:

That is crazy. I'd be afraid to put it on the wall, but I guess it's not worth anything if you can't share it.

It’s hanging above my oldest son’s bed. He has no clue the value of that thing. 

• Moderators
22 hours ago, TexasDeathStar said:

I have a wall in my man cave with framed football jerseys signed by the following. Earl Campbell, Vince young, Colt McCoy, Bijan Robinson, Roschon Johnson, Xavier Worthy, and Quinn.

Post pics! We need to see this. That’s a hell of a collection. 

21 hours ago, TexasDeathStar said:

If @Gerry Hamilton @Bobby Burton and @CJ Vogel keep up the good work I’ll get theirs on the wall next. Maybe even a @Blake Munroe bobble head 😂

My bobble head > their autos. 

20 hours ago, Alex Butler said:

That is SWEEEEEEEETTTT!! No memorabilia for me really. My wife gave me a ball with my 2 month old son’s hand print on it for Father’s Day this year 🥺. I also have my first glove that I bought at Rooster Andrews in 1989 that was signed by Roger Luce, he was my hero along with Brooks Kieschnick, Clay King, Kirk Dressendorfer, Shane Reynolds, and Scottie Bryant in that era!!

The first thing you listed is way better than any sports memorabilia. That’s priceless! But the second one is very cool too. 

20 hours ago, TylerHornFan said:

Hell yeah! Texas jersey or Houston?

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Paul Jespersen said:

Not sure it’s so cool to anyone but me, but I have my GOAT wall, with signed 8.5 x 11s…

My 3 favorite players of all time, all wore #34 for a Houston team…

🤘

IMG_8689.jpeg

That’s what makes this stuff so great. Everyone has their favorites and why they’re near and dear to your heart! 

11 hours ago, GPW Horn said:

Picked this up for $20 at a flea market in Jersey Village back in the 90s (wasn’t framed). IMG_6432.thumb.jpeg.98c713bba3afdb190a3c8339f2a695c4.jpeg

That’s sick!!!! I love it. 

10 hours ago, cmk4pres said:

That's really cool. 

I have mantle signed ball as well as Nolan.

i have Landry and Roger S signed photo and framed.

DKR signed and framed classic picture at the chalkboard talking to the team with Nobis in it. Gave it to my dad.

Ricky signed jersey 

All awesome items.

I had a Nolan auto ball when I was a kid but it’s long gone. I do have this…

70061046550__3CF4CE95-0E40-4D9E-8277-2233045B84EC.thumb.jpeg.80bc51de69d3b30c63c02ff8a494a467.jpeg

10 hours ago, Jordan91 said:

1951 Bowman PSA Seven Ted Williams baseball card. 

damnnnnn. Post it up! Let’s see it! I love the old Bowman’s man. They’re my favorite. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators

You can send that it to JSA to validate all the signatures are the original signatures. I am sure they are real, but they do offer that service if you want it. 

It’s authenticated already. That’s why that silver sticker is on the front!

Check out Dallas sports card show. Colt was signing last time as was Shipley. You can buy a jersey or hat there or bring your own. I have seen Ricky Williams there too. Vince has been there, but sometimes he doesn’t show up

I think they also have a big one in Waco as well. If I remember correctly. 

10 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

Lamelo Ball Zero Gravity RC /5

You need to get it graded my man!

10 hours ago, Joe Zura said:

For me it’s this Xavier worthy and his mom sent this to me 

IMG_0441.png

That’s awesome! What’s the back story??

7 hours ago, lloydchristmas said:

That's awesome.  I grew up in Tyler and have a signed picture of 10 year old me with Earl and his heisman trophy.  Was able to his house for his birthday party and interview him for an elementary project I was doing.  I can still remember how nervous I was

Great story! And something you’ll remember forever. 

8 hours ago, Robert Gilbert said:

I have quite a few signed memorabilia items. Mostly Longhorn and Cowboy but I do have others like my pic of Kenneth Hall, the one time leader in HS rushing and TDs. However, this is probably one of my favorites.  Not a great picture but acceptable.

IMG_0694.jpeg

Hall was a stud in HS. I am too young but I remember seeing his name all over the record books. Great stuff! 

• Hook 'Em 1