Stros baby

I am sure the board is fairly evenly split between the two teams but I have been an Astro fan since the late 60s. I saw Willie Mays hit a HR in the Dome, Larry Dierker pitch a shutout while the Dome’s roof leaked, and Cesar Cedeno make spectacular catches in the outfield. I remember lying still in bed listening to the Astros on my transistor radio and not moving for fear of breaking the mojo the team had going that night. Great memories. 

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Robert Gilbert said:

I am sure the board is fairly evenly split between the two teams but I have been an Astro fan since the late 60s. I saw Willie Mays hit a HR in the Dome, Larry Dierker pitch a shutout while the Dome’s roof leaked, and Cesar Cedeno make spectacular catches in the outfield. I remember lying still in bed listening to the Astros on my transistor radio and not moving for fear of breaking the mojo the team had going that night. Great memories. 

And then here I am… the lone braves fan

37 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

1.  Booooooooooooo to this thread. 
2. Injuries decimated the Rangers from the get go. 
3. See 1. 

Really injuries???

Stros injuries are as follows 

JV

javier 

Urquidy 

Garcia 

lmJ

graveman 

all on pitching staff

chas

yordan and Altuve missed almost half year last year. 

Talking injuries is a losers excuse 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, cmk4pres said:

Really injuries???

Stros injuries are as follows 

JV

javier 

Urquidy 

Garcia 

lmJ

graveman 

all on pitching staff

chas

yordan and Altuve missed almost half year last year. 

Talking injuries is a losers excuse 

Injuries are part of the game, but to say they haven’t decimated this team is crazy. 

During the month of May, the Rangers had TEN pitchers on the injured list at the same time, including six starters and four relievers. 

As of today, five pitchers are still on that list, including three starters: DeGrom, Scherzer and Gray. 

Pitching injuries have hurt the Rangers big time this year. It’s something they haven’t been able to shake. It doesn’t matter how much talent you have, if you’re short that many through the majority of the year, including all of your top guys, it’s going to affect the team in a major way  

Jung and Carter were two huge position losses as well. 

Edit: went back and looked. 17 Rangers were injured in the month of May alone. That’s insane. 

1 hour ago, CJ Vogel said:

Did I forget who the defending world series champions are? Worried about the wrong silver trophy.

One year wonders. Steroids wore off for Adolis and he doesn't know what to do now

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Blake Munroe said:

Injuries are part of the game, but to say they haven’t decimated this team is crazy. 

During the month of May, the Rangers had TEN pitchers on the injured list at the same time, including six starters and four relievers. 

As of today, five pitchers are still on that list, including three starters: DeGrom, Scherzer and Gray. 

Pitching injuries have hurt the Rangers big time this year. It’s something they haven’t been able to shake. It doesn’t matter how much talent you have, if you’re short that many through the majority of the year, including all of your top guys, it’s going to affect the team in a major way  

Jung and Carter were two huge position losses as well. 

Edit: went back and looked. 17 Rangers were injured in the month of May alone. That’s insane. 

This exactly proves why what the Astros have done for nearly a decade is so insanely impressive.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators

lol I’m not saying the Astros are lucky or awful or whatever. 

Two things can be true:

1. The Astros have managed to do a better job of bouncing back. 
2. Injuries have hurt the Rangers in a major way since May and they haven’t been able to bounce back from them for whatever reason. 

Y’all are acting like I’m saying something completely out of this world, when I’m not. I even said on C&F a week or two ago that they’ve done outstanding. 

Just now, Blake Munroe said:

lol I’m not saying the Astros are lucky or awful or whatever. 

Two things can be true:

1. The Astros have managed to do a better job of bouncing back. 
2. Injuries have hurt the Rangers in a major way since May and they haven’t been able to bounce back from them for whatever reason. 

Y’all are acting like I’m saying something completely out of this world, when I’m not. 

You're right. I just don't like when Rangers fans pretend injuries is the only reason they're behind the Astros this year. Not saying you are saying that, but a lot are.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

Did I forget who the defending world series champions are? Worried about the wrong silver trophy.

CJ don't lose your credibility at such a young age! Congrats on your Silver Trophy win last year.

However did you forget what has transpired in the last 8 years and no I am no not worried about the wrong silver trophy because the  Astros have so many it's is hard finding room for them all. Let's count the silver trophies

Silver Boot

Astros 8

Rangers 0

Division Titles

Astros 7

Rangers 0

The Astros have now advanced to an unprecedented seven straight ALCS. The Astros are the second team in history and only in the American League to advance to seven-straight ALCS (2017-2023), a feat that has only been accomplished by one other club in Major League history, the 1991-99 Braves.

Pennants

Astros 4

Rangers 1

World Series

Astros 2

Rangers 1

This is called Astros dominance period. Go ahead throw out 2017 and its still dominance. Scoreboards don't lie fellas. So keep bringing up your excuses, reasons. buts, should haves etc (Hi Blake). 

• Hook 'Em 3