Call your shot.... Who's the most overrated team?

2 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

This will be fun to revisit at the end of the season. If you had to pick one team to be the most overrated out of the Top 25 (we'll use the Coaches Poll), who is it and why?

image.png.01ebbbe5d6af5a3783c9da7c10ba1a89.pngimage.png.86d5078287d9cbb57e7efc578d19a866.pngimage.png.18c4fa56bb4f30612cb59dd9c3e41abc.png

Overrated: ND, Clemson, Iowa, Kansas St. 

Underrated: Mizzou, Utah, Oklahoma St., Miami

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Hookem97 said:

I agree CJ I'd put Oklahoma St. somewhere in the 12-15th range. Gundy is too good of a coach to be at 18. 

I am pretty sure OK State returns like 20 starters as well.

1 minute ago, CJ Vogel said:

I am pretty sure OK State returns like 20 starters as well.

That's even better for them also...more maturity in the locker room followed by culture & I heard Bowman will be back for like his 5th year. I can see OSU/Kansas St./Utah fighting for the BIG 12 Title 

7 minutes ago, Hookem97 said:

I just think Notre Dame won't even make the CFP this year. They are always overrated & always being talked about IMO. Notre Dame hasn't been relevant since Teo. 

They play a Charmin soft schedule this year. At most three losses. If they beat any one of aggy, FSU, or USC, then they likely go to the playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s LSU for me. 
No defensive line. 
Really bad corners that don’t match up well with the man to man coverage scheme the new D coordinator likes to run. 

On offensive they lost all of the playmakers, and didn’t replace them well. 
O-Line is really good and will keep them in most games. 

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Hookem97 said:

That's even better for them also...more maturity in the locker room followed by culture & I heard Bowman will be back for like his 5th year. I can see OSU/Kansas St./Utah fighting for the BIG 12 Title 

Alan Bowman might  be 27 at this point.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Tfrazier12 said:

It’s LSU for me. 
No defensive line. 
Really bad corners that don’t match up well with the man to man coverage scheme the new D coordinator likes to run. 

On offensive they lost all of the playmakers, and didn’t replace them well. 
O-Line is really good and will keep them in most games. 

The one thing they do have is the best OT tandem in the country, but I am with you. I believe I had them seventh in my SEC preseason rankings.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators

Florida State and Clemson. 

FSU taking a BIG step back at QB, and won't have the same RPO game at QB. And thinking Keon Coleman will be easily replaced is going to end up being non-sense with what they got from the portal. They will be very good on D again, but will they have the same level of key plays made with what was lost? 

Clemson ... Dabo's is on the edge right now of taking a decent size step back as a program. If they don't have a very strong showing against Georgia, that fan base is going to start asking him very tough questions IMO. The schedule is the only thing that may save Clemson should Georgia beat them by 14-17 points. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

This will be fun to revisit at the end of the season. If you had to pick one team to be the most overrated out of the Top 25 (we'll use the Coaches Poll), who is it and why?

image.png.01ebbbe5d6af5a3783c9da7c10ba1a89.pngimage.png.86d5078287d9cbb57e7efc578d19a866.pngimage.png.18c4fa56bb4f30612cb59dd9c3e41abc.png

I'm going to go with OSU who I now compare to many of Mack's teams. 

Soft

All depends on how we’re viewing overrated but I think it would have to be Ohio State for me, relative to expectations. I would also add FSU. I think there are definitely teams ranked too high (*cough cough, Oklahoma) but with Ohio State being regarded as a top 2 team I don’t think they’ll live up to that. Schedule isn’t easy & trust in Will Howard may prove to be fools gold. I could definitely be proven wrong but I’m not as high on Ryan Day either.

Ole Miss will be good if they can assimilate all those transfers and play as a team.  Might be a dark horse for natty.  Saban gone, it will be their small window. We could spoil it in a playoff game, but they could also beat us if we didn’t come to play.