Horns Offer 2025 Houston Linebacker

• Moderators

The Longhorns offered Aldine Nimitz linebacker Javar Thomas today.  Earlier this afternoon, Texas assistant coach Jeff Banks stopped by the school to meet with Thomas and it was then that an offer was extended.

The 6-3, 195-pound linebacker is currently ranked a three-star prospect by both On3 and 247Sports.

Thomas also holds offers from Washington, SMU, Houston, UTSA, Baylor, TCU and Texas State.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, SuperDave0805 said:

Not a great offer list, Maybe Texas got in on him before the flood gates open 

Think what we've seen last two days with Jonathan Cunningham (North Crowley) and now Thomas ... is a type Coach Nansen and Texas like moving forward in the SEC. Long arms/levers LB's with frame to develop with the ability to pursue the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 12

9 minutes ago, Baron said:

Good instinct for the ball, but it doesn't look like he does a lot of wrapping up during the tackle. Also mouthpiece dangling from his facemask seems undisciplined.

FYI Every player these days has their mouthpiece dangling from their facemask and knee pads not over their knees.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

FYI Every player these days has their mouthpiece dangling from their facemask and knee pads not over their knees.

I guess the Pop Warner coach in me flinches when I see a mouthpiece dangling. 😄

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

I guess the Pop Warner coach in me flinches when I see a mouthpiece dangling. 😄

My dad would have none of it either! 😉

The first hit was devastating. He closes extremely well. Definitely long-levered as Gerry described.

The only thing you don't really see is him playing off of blocks because he's clearly not asked to very much.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Think what we've seen last two days with Jonathan Cunningham (North Crowley) and now Thomas ... is a type Coach Nansen and Texas like moving forward in the SEC. Long arms/levers LB's with frame to develop with the ability to pursue the ball. 

A great lump of clay to mold for Nansen.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

What knee pads?  They seem to have been enlisted from pants these days.  Seems as if slow healing meniscus injuries may have increased also.  I do not have definitive data, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, GotElmodontcare said:

Barnes and Pettijohn inside. This kid and or Pearland Kid. Pearland kid may not stick as we get more guys. Thinking he is Hunter Moddon 25. Unless he skyrockets senior year. 

Agree. Elijah Barnes and Riley Pettijohn are no brainers for Texas and others nationally. 

Texas really likes Jonathan Cunningham out of North Crowley too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

How many are we taking? Seems we have several lines in the water. I know the McKinney kid is probably tops on the board. Who would be second? I really like the Skyline kid.

3-4 is the number I have heard. 

Same on Elijah Barnes. Him and Pettijohn are the top in state. 

• Hook 'Em 5