Who will benefit the most from Baker

I’m interested to see who on the current roster will benefit the most from Coach Baker. I believe his strength is pass rush so my initial guess is Burke. But would coach Baker be able to get someone like Alfred Collins to find another much needed gear? 

Thoughts?

• Hook 'Em 1

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Jerry K said:

I’m interested to see who on the current roster will benefit the most from Coach Baker. I believe his strength is pass rush so my initial guess is Burke. But would coach Baker be able to get someone like Alfred Collins to find another much needed gear? 

Thoughts?

I would say this ... Bo Davis is a hell of a coach. 

For a guy like Alfred Collins ... it's more about him wanting to maximize. Maybe his final year will be the one, but he's got to decide he wants to be that guy. 

Kenny Baker is a high-end pass rush teacher/coach ... Jaray Bledsoe could be the one ... but he's in that same boat with Collins right now. A world of potential, and lack of consistency. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I’m more concerned about anchoring the inside against the run than I am the pass rush next season. We’ve upgraded big time on the edges with the addition of Trey Moore and Colin Simmons along with sorrell and Burke adding another year of experience. Inside DL in the SEC is a major area to develop. I really hope sydir Mitchell is ready to step up

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Rhenk6768 said:

I’m more concerned about anchoring the inside against the run than I am the pass rush next season. We’ve upgraded big time on the edges with the addition of Trey Moore and Colin Simmons along with sorrell and Burke adding another year of experience. Inside DL in the SEC is a major area to develop. I really hope sydir Mitchell is ready to step up

I’m with Rhenk. If Texas can be above average against the run next year on D, then I think Texas has a chance to go a long way because the Texas O should be able to put up some points.

• Hook 'Em 2