It's a trap!

Starting Davis Warren against Fresno was a ruse. I expect to get a full dose of Alex Orji this Saturday in the Big House. I expect lots of quarterback run And various forms of option plays whether they be classic run option or RPOs. I believe Michigan's best chance to win is by pressing our defense and with all eleven players.

• Hook 'Em 9

I agree, I think that was the rope-a-dope of QB starts. We’ll need disciplined DL play and aggressive LB play. The key is for us to get going on offense and force them to play out game not theirs. I really hate the 7.5 point spread. It just gives way too much motivation to them for that level of disrespect at home. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gus fleener said:

Starting Davis Warren against Fresno was a ruse. I expect to get a full dose of Alex Orji this Saturday in the Big House. I expect lots of quarterback run And various forms of option plays whether they be classic run option or RPOs. I believe Michigan's best chance to win is by pressing our defense and with all eleven players.

Don't think you are wrong

• Hook 'Em 4

I think you are right as well.  They will try to confuse with switching QBs maybe, and want us to have more prep time wasted for both.  Cautiously optimistic,  caution is because it takes a lot to be disciplined against option football.  Kids don’t rep against it like they used to (my day). But if they play assignment football we have the speed to track down and assault the ball carriers. Anthony Hill had some beast plays upon rewatch, Gbenda too. QB run can be deadly though. Man! I’m back and forth. Need more coolaid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

They wanna trot out the 03 version of Paul Vincent Young and ask us to stop them on the ground while having nothing special at WR then be my guest. We’ll drop a safety down, trot out some war daddies at DE, LB and Star and gently inform them that Orji is going to have to use his arm or he might not finish the game. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

They wanna trot out the 03 version of Paul Vincent Young and ask us to stop them on the ground while having nothing special at WR then be my guest. We’ll drop a safety down, trot out some war daddies at DE, LB and Star and gently inform them that Orji is going to have to use his arm or he might not finish the game. 

Texas Fans GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, goattalk100 said:

I tend to agree. I just think we’re more equipped to handle their offense than people are giving us credit for. Our defensive game plan for the run will have us looking better than we did against CSU.

I really hope so because our run fits and defensive tackles getting displaced was very worrisome against CSU.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fresno State fan here. Texas is going to beat Michigan by 20. Michigan has a great defense, but no offense. If Fresno State can hold Michigan to a six point lead in the 4th quarter, Texas is going to demolish Michigan. And six of their points came when Fresno was in the red zone and got pick-sixed. (which gave Michigan the lead of 23-10.) In other words, the game was much closer than 20 points. Michigans points came mostly from 2 defensive plays, and the rest from field goals. 

Texas will coast to a win while putting your backup players in at the end of the game.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, TexasMDcoach said:

If you know that so do our coaches.  We will be well prepared.

Right, but I have PTSD from QBs in the past having careers games against us.(Taysom Hill is still running through our secondary as I type)  All those coaches knew more than me also.  I hope we are prepared.  I just know taking the pitch back and not attacking the football is hard discipline for an aggressive and fast  D. 

• Hook 'Em 1